Friday, September 06, 2019

Mug Rug Progress

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day. The high got to about 21C and the low this morning was 9C. Some high thin clouds are starting to show this morning as we prepare for Hurricane Dorian to be here sometime tomorrow.

Lifestyle

I was out the door yesterday morning to get groceries just in case we loose power on Saturday. I also bought 36 bottles of water and need to find the coffee pot in case we have to make coffee on the BBQ. We are prepared though I have a few things to cook that we can eat cold. 
The Spousal Unit picked tomatoes and they are in the garage. I will make tomato sauce starting next week. I wasn't planning on it but the crop of tomatoes is more productive that I had thought they would be. 
I can tell that Dorian is coming. My knees started to hurt a bit last night and were sore throughout the night. They will ache until the storm hits but I will live with it. 

Sewing

I started the mug rug yesterday and am ready to cut the binding and put it on. The pattern was fairly easy to follow. Choosing which fabrics go where was the hardest part. 
The binding will be from the fabric on the right side. There is also a napkin to go with the mug rug. 
I have turned under 3/8" and am ready to turn under 1" more. Then I will make mitered corners and stitch down the hem. It gets folded and put in the pocket. When this is done, I will be finished sewing for the fall fair. 
I had thought I would be cleaning the sewing room but.....I have to sew a custom bag for my friend (#2 for her) and test a doll's dress pattern. I want to get the fabrics today. 

Knitting

I worked on the hat last night and am about 1" short of starting the crown decreases. Once I got onto the pattern and watching the pattern, it became an easy knit. 

Today

I want to get fabric and do some cooking in preparation for the storm. We don't know if the power will go out or not so I want to be prepared. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment