Monday, September 02, 2019

A Busy But Fun Day

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day with a high of 22C. This morning it is 9C and foggy. It is suppose to be about 22C today with increasing cloud. We are suppose to get rain starting tonight. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday, I spent the day prepping for dinner. I wanted to treat the family to a Charcuterie board. It ended up filling the table so we called it the Charcuterie Table. 
I hauled everything including dishes over to the family's house and grandson and daughter-in-law helped me put it together and on the table. What a lot of fun we had. 
When you do a Charcuterie board, you have to something new to try. I got cranberry pepper jam (good) and son added beet chutney he made (very good). 
The deal was paper plates and napkins and plastic utensils. We used one metal spoon. Clean up was a breeze and the kitchen was under control in a half an hour. 
Table talk - Christmas dinner. We will have snacks for lunch and roast chicken for dinner. 

Sewing

I did not step foot into the sewing room yesterday. But, I did watch a video from the Couture Sewing course on seam finishes. I need to finish this course starting later this fall. 
I also wandered into the spare bedroom and looked at the lobster fabric I bought. I think I can make a mug rug out of it. That is next on the list. 
I would love to do a no-buy September to see if I can do it. 
Rules:
Don't buy any:
  • Patterns
  • Large pieces of fabric (a couple of small pieces is okay to finish a project or two)
  • Embroidery thread
  • Yarn
  • Trims
Remember:
  • You have everything in the stash to sew something. 
  • You are wanting to reduce the stash
  • You have 4.3 meters cut out to sew if you get stuck
Tempetations:
  • New fabric in stores
  • Mind thinking of new ideas - write them down for future reference
  • Want before need
I do know that I will be buying more interfacing for the bags I have to make plus thread for projects. That is allowed. 
Yesterday was great as I was busy with dinner preparations. Today will be great as all stores are closed in Nova Scotia to celebrate Labour Day. 

Knitting

It was a night of knit and unknit so I don't think I gained on the hat's length. 

Today

I need to do some housework and I'd like to sew. But the dreaded hedge is calling me so I might do an hour of weeding in it. 
Until the next time..................................


No comments:

Post a Comment