Monday, September 30, 2019

October's To-Do List

October is right around the corner so it is time to post the To Do List. 

The Goal

  • To have fun sewing projects in the sewing room. Keep the stress and anxiety down to a minimum. 
  • It's okay not to sew every day. Taking days off is good. 
  • To use up fabrics on the fabric shelves and not buy any fabric for October's to do list. Interfacing is permitted for bags as I only buy 1-2 meters at a time due to its bulk. 
  • To start sewing for next years fair and to continue making bags for sale.
  • To use the embroidery component of my sewing machine once a month.
  • To knit mainly worsted yarn. The doll projects use a lighter weight yarn. I've been knitting down the Downton Abbey yarn for them. 

The Sewing Room

This will be hard for me to do as I love to enter the room and sew. But to get the room back to minimalistic, I need to deal with decluttering and organizing.
  • Order the desk for the sewing room so I can put away items that are floating around in the closet and room.
  • To sort through a drawer or bin or ?? for 10-15 minutes before each sewing day. 
  • Decide what to keep and what to toss or give away and do it. 
  • Keep the task small so it will be done and not ignored.

Sewing

Fall Fair Sewing

  • work on drawers and chemise for doll's outfit
    • Do in good muslin. Take time to do each part carefully. This is the tiny sew. 
  • Winter reading pillow - snowflake, polar bear fabric and plain blue. I have everything, but the pillow form, for this project. I dug deep into the stash for the prints as I've had them for about 4 years now. The plain was bought for a bag I made in August.
The embroidery for the pocket

Bags

  • Daughter's lunch bag - navy blue plaid that has everything I need. I'm making my own piping for this one which I love to do. The interfacing is on the shelf. (Done Oct 3, 2019)
  • Bag for friend using dog fabric which has everything I need for it. There is a piece of rust fabric for piping.

Extra

  • Red lobster fabric (2 napkins)
  • Bonus - Cowboy Rag for daughter (Done Oct. 3, 2019)
Anything else that gets sewn will be a bonus. The focus will be on the red lobster fabric as this is UFO.  

Knitting

The goal between now and January 1 is to knit worsted weight yarn with a doll item or two as I test for designers. I'm choosing patterns I am familiar with so I can knit them quickly and easily.  
  • Finish jeans messy bun hat. (Done Sept, 30,2019
  • Reknit pink messy bun hat (fall fair entry) and use up remaining yarn for a scarf. 
  • Test pattern for Pixie Faire and private designer (done Sept. 28, 2019)
  • Messy bun hat that has been ordered. (Done Oct. 3, 2019)
If I have time to knit more, the focus will be on a hat and scarf for another gift that would be on November's list. 
Here's to October being a productive month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment