Saturday, September 14, 2019

The Sewing Room is Cleaned

Yesterday was another lovely day with a high of 17C. The wind was coming in from the north keeping it cool until the afternoon. We had a frost advisory for this morning and the temperature was 4C this morning. There is a heavy dew on everything and frost on the roofs of the houses. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit picked tomatoes yesterday. We have buckets and bins full in the garage. I will be making sauce starting tomorrow. With the frost advisory, clear skies, and the temperature dropping faster than we liked, we were out the door to cover the tomatoes after supper. 
We will be out there this morning putting it all away. 
I spent some time cleaning the kitchen. The next cleaning will be a deep cleaning after tomato sauce is made. Actually some of it can be done while the sauce is being made. 

Sewing

I spent some time cleaning up the sewing room. Actually it was about 3+ hours. I started off in the doll's area and sorted out their clothes. What was not wanted was tossed after buttons were taken off. What was left was sorted into doll type and for sale. 

I then worked from the doll's area to the other end of the room. Every surface was cleaned off and only what needed put back onto it. Everything else was put in it's home or tossed. 
The cutting table was a disaster. I had been collecting on it for too long. 
Everything was handled and put away. Only what is needed was left on the table. The room feels much calmer and more organized. 
And the cutting table.
After that was done, I started to make straps for Son's winter pool cover. I started and ran over to get the details right. By 4 p.m. I was delivering them to him. 
My next little project is on the table. I am going to show how to fit a bodice on a non American Girl doll as their bodies tend to be smaller and the clothes fit a tad big. 

Knitting

No knitting last night. 

Today

We are going to the fair today and hope to last long enough to watch some of the barrel racing in the late afternoon. 
Until the next time.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment