Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Thinking About Fall

Yesterday was another warm day with a high of 27C. There were clouds which helped make it feel cooler. The temperature this morning is 17C at 7 a.m.; 18C at 6 a.m. There is to be rain today with a high of 22C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I made another batch of tomato sauce. While it was cooking away, I cleaned one half of the kitchen. One set of cupboards, the fridge, and the pantry got scrubbed clean. It is time to shop as the fridge is empty.  The floor was swept but not scrubbed as the rest of the room needs to be cleaned and the tomato sauce needs to be finished. 
We went and watched grandson play soccer last night. The trees are starting to turn color and I am wondering if we would have a great show of color this fall. 
As we sat there, three groups of Canada geese slowly flew overhead looking for a place for the night. They were heading due south. 

Health

I ate a lot more healthy and carefully yesterday. Portion sizes were smaller and I tried to keep foods that irritate me off the list. I will be working on eliminating a few items from the list so I can loose weight. I have a list of foods I can eat that are healthy and I will have them. 

Sewing

Napping took precedence over sewing yesterday. But, I did think about what I want to make for the fall fair next year. The cushion was the focus yesterday so I can get it done as I have everything in the stash fabric wise. 
I'll do another reading pillow. This time I'd like to put embroidery on the pocket (grey snowflake).
While trying to get inspired through Pinterest, I decided to look at what embroidery files I have at Embroidery Library. I got this snowflake design in March 2017. I probably was going to embroider something using the above prints. 
I know I have one or two shades of the blue/teal and the silver threads but I may have to buy the third shade of blue/teal. I will be doing a trial run of this one to see how it works out. 
I did a bit of research on seam finishes for the doll's drawers. French seams were not used until the mid 1890's so I'm historically incorrect doing them. The most common finishes were whip stitch, Hong Kong, flat felled, and turn under and hem. I may be whip stitching dolly drawers while embroidery is stitching out. 

Knitting

I worked on the scarf last night and have a good inch or two left to knit before I start the garter stitch border. I'm going  to make sure there is enough at the back of the scarf so it tucks nicely down under the coat. 

Today

I am going to get groceries locally, work on Take Two of the drawers, and knit. I was going into the city but decided against it as I need to get a few things done here at home and it's not worth it going in just for groceries.  
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment