Thursday, September 19, 2019

A Great Day In the Sewing Studio

We've been having a few cooler days with the high yesterday being 15C. It cleared off in the evening and the temperature is 1C this morning. You can see frost on the roofs this morning. It was also very foggy when I got up at 6 a.m.

Lifestyle

We were out for hair cuts in the morning. We talked about no pumpkin races this year as the pumpkins used to paddle across the lake only got to 50% of their huge sizes. Cause - cool spring and Hurricane Dorian. We hope that the group who puts on this wonderful event comes up with something else to do that day. 
With the frost warning, the Spousal Unit and I were out after supper covering the tomatoes. We did a good job this time as we had less plants to cover with all the blankets. 

Sewing

I spent more time in the sewing room yesterday than usual as I was on a mission. I sewed up the last muslin for the My Life As A........doll. The fit is good. 
That project is now done on the September Accountability List. 
I got the western shirt out and worked on it. I had to find the buttons (on the ironing board), do some test button holes, serge the hem and turn it up, mark button holes and make them. The shirt is ready now to have the button holes cut and the buttons sewn on. A good press and it is ready for the barrel racing next weekend. Pictures next time.

Knitting

I worked on the doll's sweater and got 15 rounds knit on the sleeve. I am over half done it and will continue to work on it daily. I am setting it aside to knit a scarf for daughter. It is an easy one but I want it to go in the mail on October 1 (free shipping Tuesdays with Canada post in October). 

Today

I am out this morning helping at the community hall. Once home, I will do the buttons on the shirt and press it. I am thinking of going to the local quilt shop as they have new fabrics out and take pictures of daughter. We will be out covering the tomatoes again tonight as we have another frost warning. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment