Saturday, September 07, 2019

Prepared

After another nice day, we are starting to see Hurricane Dorian's arrival. It was 13C this morning and we are having light rain fall and there is wind. We will be expecting it in full force later today. 

Lifestyle

We are ready for what ever comes. The generator is in the shed for easy moving to it's location if the power goes out. We won't use it until the storm has passed. 
The flower pots are off the deck and stored between the house and the deck. 
The pots at the garage are in the garage. We've done all we can and have to wait and see what happens. 

Sewing

I went and got the fabric for the bag yesterday. 
I also worked on the mug rug and got the binding on. I watched this video. At 9 minutes she shows you how to do it. It works but I've sewn right side to wrong side and then had a twist in the binding when I did it right. Carefully picking and thinking got it right. I'm ready to hand sew the binding down. The napkin is ready for me to mitre the corners and sew down the hem. Almost finished!! 

Knitting

I have the hat knit to 6" and am ready to decrease for the crown. Hopefully it will be done in the next couple of days. 

Today

I have a bit of cooking to do and some clean up. Then I can sew and get a few things ready to hand stitch. If the power goes off, I will be doing nothing as the light will be awful. We will not run the generator until after the storm passes. Nova Scotia Power is fully prepared and ready to go so we hope that our power will only be out for a short period of time if it happens to be knocked out.
Until the next time...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment