Monday, September 30, 2019

Downton Abbey Day

Yesterday was another lovely fall day. Sunny most of the day with a high of 18C. The temperature at 6 a.m. was 6C. The frost warning was removed from the weather forecast. Today is to be sunny but cooler. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday daughter-in-law and I went to see the movie "Downton Abbey".
It was spectacular with gorgeous costumes, lovely music, and the fabulous actors. Mr. Mosley gave us one good laugh and Lady Grantham and Mrs. Crawley kept us well entertained with their comments. Edith and Mary seemed to be on the same page and Tom Branson found a new love. 
We were in the "posh" cinema with high back seats that leaned back while you watched the movie. That was a shock when I settled down to watch the movie. I thought I was going to fall over backwards. 
After the movie, we did some shopping and then had a family dinner at their house. It was one fabulous day. 

Sewing

I posted the to do list for October. I have an extra project on the table to do a rolled edge on the serger. Other than that, I'm ready to start the list and have a bit of fun. 

Knitting

I got the yarn to finish the messy bun hat and knit 5 rounds on it. I'm ready to start the decrease rows this evening with hopes it goes smoothly. I'd love to complete it as it is such an easy knit. The next one is going to be done using a circular needle and the magic loop. 

Today

I have house work this morning, sewing this afternoon, a trip to the post office to get a box to ship items to daughter tomorrow, and knitting tonight. In all a busy day. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment