Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Fall Fair Entries Submitted

Yesterday started out clear and sunny and as the day progressed, it became more and more cloudy. The high got to 20C. This morning it is cloudy and 13C. They are calling for rain today. I thought so as my knees were aching. 

Lifestyle

We were out to get our passes for the fair yesterday morning. We asked a few questions on entering and headed home. It was time to load up everything to be entered into the fair. It was a day earlier than I had thought. 
We returned after lunch and got my 8 entries entered. As I'm new, everyone was helpful and two ladies were right there to help me unload my 8 items and make sure I had them all. They oohed and awed over everything as it is so different than what others put in. 
The Spousal Unit is going to put in tomatoes and beets on Thursday. He has looked about and found his specimens. We were told we have faired well after the hurricane as other people's gardens were destroyed. 
We spent some time cutting down the potato vines in the flower pots and put the last of the pots outside the garage. We will probably have them looking good for another couple of weeks. 

Sewing

I worked on the doll's dress yesterday and made the tiny collars. They look horrid in my opinion. 
I am taking them off and trimming the seam allowances. See how that works. I know part of it is the lace thickness. 
It does look cute but if it doesn't work, I will put lace around the neckline without the collar. 
I did watch the first videos once again for Design Academy and updated a mood board that I had done and only got off the ground while fooling around with the fabric to make a boot bag. 
I'm looking once again at proportion as there is still lots to learn. 

Knitting

I had to hustle around and get my knitting blocked. I sprayed water onto the hats and pinned them into shape onto the blocking board. I left them for over an hour to absorb the water. The stitches relaxed, got more even looking, the shape was perfect. I set them outside in the sun to dry for an hour. They were then packed up for the fair. One thing I have learned is to knit with good wool yarn. It blocks well and always looks so great afterwards. 
I picked up a doll's sweater for finish. I got the stitches re-picked up on the second sleeve and two rows knit. I want to finish it and get it off the UFO knitting list. 

Accountability

This is what I did get done. 
  • Doll's outfit - Done
  • Lady bug shopping bag - Done
  • Knitted doll's dress - Done
  • Reading Pillow - Done
  • Messy Bun Hat - Done
  • Embroidered Make up brush bag - Done
  • Children's hat - Done
  • Any article Sewn - Mug Rug - Done
It was stressful and it was fun. I plan on starting earlier next year -- like in two weeks. I will be using up as much of the stash as I can and having fun making items. I am not worried about winning prizes but helping keep the entries fleshed out over the next couple of years. It also helps me pass the cold winter months. 

Today

The goal is to do some housework, work on the doll's dress, and knit on the sweater. I also have to do an hour on Design Academy. 
Until the next time.............................

1 comment:

  1. What do you do with your fair entries after the fair?

    ReplyDelete