Friday, September 20, 2019

At Long Last - The Shirt Is Done

We had a lovely day after the fog lifted at around 10:30 am. It was sunny and warm. The high got to 18C. The low this morning is 4C with no frost. But the frost could show up as the sun comes up. It is suppose to be warmer today with a warmer night. 

Lifestyle

We were busy at the hall in the morning making sandwiches and were done by 9:15 a.m. That gave us lots of day to do things. 
In the afternoon we went to the fabric store. While there I spoke to a lady who was looking at fabric I had bought the last time I was there. We chatted a bit and I found out she lives near Kamloops. We chatted about people we both know and had a wonderful visit. We both think we did a class or two together when I lived in Ashcroft. The two couples were heading home and had been to Newfoundland to visit family and then touring a bit of Nova Scotia. 
I have decided to keep make an accountability list for house cleaning. I need to spend a good week getting the house back into shape. I've been remiss due to the fair, making tomato sauce, and having IBS attacks this week. I ate a sausage on a bun at the fair last week and have suffered ever since. There was something in it that was not agreeing with me. 

Sewing

I spent the morning in the sewing room finishing up the western shirt I started way back on February 15. 
Though there is some tweaking to do with the pattern, I'm pleased with the end result. 
It is ready to go to the barrel racers for a free draw. 
The aim of going to the fabric store was to get a piece of fabric for piping for daughter's lunch bag. We settled on polka dots. 
The fabric looks like this. 
I also found a piece for daughter. It is cream and soft sage green. The pattern is really  cute also. 
My list for October is taking shape. I'm sure I can get more done than I've planned but I'm not going to over do it and feel like I failed. I can add to the list if necessary. 

Knitting

I set aside the doll's sweater to knit a scarf. I'm shipping it to daughter to see if she likes the style and then knit her a one more. 
The edge of the scarf closest to the bottom of the picture is the neck line. It needs to be 20-21" across before I join it into the round. Maybe tonight I will be ready to do that. 

Today

We are off to the fair for what I hope is a short day. I am taking my knitting with me and will sit somewhere and work on it. 
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment