Saturday, September 21, 2019

Another Day At the Fair

Yesterday was a gorgeous warm day with a high of 25C. The low this morning was 18C and it is sunny today. Though they say cooler today (22C for a high), it will probably be warmer. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday we headed to the fair and was at the beef barn by 11:00. The Spousal Unit wanted to let them know he was around to help. We left after a short talk and walked across the grounds to get lunch. 
When it was time for him to go to help, I stopped and talked to Nova Scotia Power about buying power during the night, weekends, and holidays at 50% off. We will be getting that assessed in the near future. We are on track for being power conscious. 
I went to the arena to watch the horse events and knit. I left early as it was too quiet and very boring for me. I don't understand a thing about the jumper/hunter event. I wandered to the beef barn to see how the Spousal Unit was doing (he was bored but doing okay) so I went over to our favorite seating area and visited with people and knit. I met a lady who loves genealogy as much as I do. 
I love to attend the dog show and took it in. One of the dogs doing the course was a try-colored Britany Spaniel. He was a delight and a true Britany. He saw his friend over at the arena and took off to see him not finishing his course. 
He was born in BC in a town called Lumby. 
We have decided to only do one day of the second weekend next year -- Sunday as there is oxen pulls. The events we like are on the first weekend so will attend the two days of the first weekend (Friday and Saturday). 

Sewing

I traced two doll patterns for drawers yesterday morning. I now need to add 1/4" to the seam allowances for french seams. Both are historically correct; one being earlier than the other. I will be photographing the progress as I'm very interested in making them. 

Knitting

I don't have many rows left until I will be joining the scarf into the round. The pattern is Escarpment Cowl and is free on Ravelry. A couple of nights of knitting will probably have it done.

Today

It is housework this morning with a couple of loads of laundry and sewing this afternoon. An easy day after being so tired from the fair yesterday.
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment