Saturday, August 31, 2019

Landscaping Project Started and Half Done

Yesterday was a warm and sunny day. The high got to 28C with a humidex of 31. The humidity has dropped. This morning is clear and 16C. Another lovely day for us. 

Lifestyle

Housework went out the window when the Spousal Unit suggested we work on the flower bed around the shed. I was game and out the door in 10 minutes. The job needed to be done and the weather was perfect. Two and a half hours later we had just over half of the landscaping done. 
The Spousal Unit hauled the brick and bags of rock while I leveled the ground, picked a few weeks, and set the brick in place. Then we laid weed cloth putting the bricks on top, and dumped the rock on and smoothed it out. The rock has a coating of red soil on it and the Spousal Unit will hose them down every night when watering. 
We were hot and sweaty when done, went in, cleaned up, hydrated and had lunch. We were really tired from working at a steady pace. 

Sewing

I got a couple of hours of sewing in. I worked on the make-up brush bag. The cover that goes over the brushes was done in no time flat and looked great. When I went to do the pouches, I sewed over a plastic pin and cut the fabric when removing it. A few choice words were said and a second piece was made. When I gathered the bottom, all went well and when I read to cut it back from 16" to 12.5", I was amazed to see the waste of fabric. 

At this point, I stopped. I didn't touch grandson's pants for fear I might cut one leg off when snipping the thread. 

Knitting

After much hunting and handling wool yesterday, I decided to knit the child's hat from this yarn. It is from the deep yarn stash being bought about 2011 or 2012. The yarn is from England and is nice to work with. 
I got the ribbing done and started on the pattern. It is a repeat of one row and the design swirls around. I have unknit as many rows of design as I have knit. I kept forgetting a yarn over in every round. 

Accountability

  • Doll's outfit - Done
  • Lady bug shopping bag - Done
  • Knitted doll's dress - Done
  • Reading Pillow - Done
  • Messy Bun Hat - Done
  • Embroidered Make up brush bag - Started
  • Children's hat - Started
  • Child's vest
  • Any article Sewn - Mug Rug 

Today

It's outside to finish up around the shed this morning. I am excited to see that job finished. In the afternoon, I will work on grandson's pants and I may get a bit of sewing done on the make-up holder. I have to make binding first. I want to get a few more rows knit on the child's hat. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment