Thursday, September 26, 2019

A Messy Bun Hat To Make A Set

Yesterday's temperature was 17-18C making it a fall day. This morning the temperature is 11-12C and is cloudy once again. 

Lifestyle

After making sandwiches at the hall, the Spousal Unit and I went out to get thread for the pillow project. He sat in the car while I got thread and bees wax. The rest of the day was spent at home. 

Health

I am back on track eating mostly what I was before. I've lost some weight and hope to continue doing so. I'm also tracking what I am eating and am feeling better. Next week I hope to be back to Weight Watchers. 

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room working on the doll's drawers. I am using Thimbles and Acorns Unmentionables pattern. I will finish the pair I'm on as I'm seeing how I will sew them for the final version. This pair has a tricot stitch (S stitch) seam finish and I'm not thrilled with it. There is still fraying at the raw edges. I know my OCD is kicking in when thinking about seam finishes. 
I plan on cutting out another pair and work on getting the seam finishes right using the serger. I'm going narrow 3 thread and doing it slowly down the curved seams. When I'm satisfied, I will cut out the drawers from the cotton muslin. It washed up soft and is ready for the final version. 

Knitting

I decided to make a messy bun hat to go with the scarf I finished on Tuesday night. I cast on (twice) a messy bun hat in the dark denim yarn. The first time I did it on the recommended size needles but it was not knitting to gauge. I went with the size of needles recommended on the yarn wrapper. By bedtime I had knit 22 rows. The picture was taken earlier when I had knit 14 rows (10 rows of ribbing and the pattern's 4 rows).
I grabbed the messy bun hat I had knit for the fall fair and tried it on. It is way too big and I knit it on the needles recommended in the pattern. I will be unraveling it and redoing it on smaller needles. I have enough yarn to knit the scarf to make a set. 
I have decided that I will be knitting up the worsted weight yarn this year with a few test items as necessary. It is time for a change and knitting hats and scarves will be fun and easy. I have enough yarn to be busy for several months. 

Today

It is a home day with kitchen cleaning, tomato saucing if tomatoes are ripe, sewing and knitting. A day where we don't have anywhere to be. 
Until the next time.......................


No comments:

Post a Comment