Sunday, September 29, 2019

Less Stress and More Fun

Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day with a high of 22C. It rained during the night and is 15C this morning. Suppose to be 18C with showers today. Frost warning for tonight. 

Lifestyle

I made a double batch of Baked Potato and Cauliflower Soup for dinner last night. It was delicious and we had it with grilled cheese sandwich. There is enough for one more dinner and maybe lunch. 
We were out for the afternoon to watch Poles and Barrel racing. We enjoyed our time watching the events. It went on into the early evening and is on all day today. 

Health

My IBS has settled down a bit which is nice. I have caught a cold which isn't. I will survive this. 

Sewing

It was to be a fun and relaxing session in the sewing room yesterday. No stress or fuming about things. I went down with a time limit of 45 minutes in the sewing room. It was a timed session as we were leaving before 2 pm for the barrel racing. I had a list that I could work on but was under no pressure to finish. I could finish up on Monday. I took no pictures as I was saving the space to video to send to daughter. 
  • The dolls were all dressed and lined up on their cube. Having 6 is a perfect number for that cube. I'm happy to remain at the number. 
  • The cutting table was cleared off and items put away in their proper containers. I am amazed what I collect on that table and am blind to; lace and buttons in particular. That tells me I have too many of these items. 
  • I pulled out tubs for October's projects and put everything I could into them. One project, one tub; fabric, thread and pattern if necessary. All but one is done and the pillow tub needs a zipper (I know where the zipper is in the stash). The tubs are in a cube to keep them separate from the stash. Much nicer than stacked up on the cutting table or in piles on the shelves. I pull out the tub, put it on the cutting table and work on it. 
  • The doll's fabric I had stored in the above tubs is in the closet. I will pick away at a bit each month for the fabric that is designated to a pattern and use other pieces for testing. 
  • I played for a few minutes on the serger but need to reset a needle. The goal is to practice 3 thread seam finishes on curves. 
I was very happy with the result of yesterday's time in the sewing room. I was focused and relaxed while working in there. There are fun projects along with necessary projects (which I'm looking forward to make). I feel like I am meeting my goals of tiny, embroidery, sell, and gifts. I got everything on the list completed and wasn't stressed out doing it. Success!

Knitting

I knit up the second mitt and am ready to take pictures. A cute pattern and easy to knit. 
I did tidy up the couch a bit and need to take items back downstairs and put them away. I will keep what I'm knitting for October upstairs in a bag for easy access. 
While in the sewing room, my last project on the list was to unwind the messy bun hat I made for the fall fair. It is in a ball ready to be reknit in October. Further down the list as I have commitments to do first. 

Today

Daughter-in-law and I are out to the Downton Abbey movie and then some shopping. I have 3 things to get on my list. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment