Saturday, September 28, 2019

A Few Decisions Made

Yesterday started out cloudy, the wind came up and blew the clouds away. It turned out to be a lovely sunny day. The high was 18C. This morning, it is clear and 7C. Beautiful fall weather. 

Lifestyle

Though I was tired yesterday, I pushed through day 1 of paper work. I have 3 more days of it in the books. The day slid away quite quickly as I was immersed in what needed to be done. 
I wasn't as cranky as I had thought I would be as I was in my own world and ignoring everyone (including the cat) and everything. I didn't think about much until late yesterday afternoon. 
We took the prizes to the barrel racing last night. The bag, the shirt and a little drawstring bag are gone from the house. I'm thinking towards next year and see what I can donate. Such fun to give to people who love what you make and donate. 

Sewing

I was in the sewing room briefly to get yarn and needles. The stash was trying to taunt me by making me feel anxious and guilty. I told myself to settle down. I'm dealing with it as I know there is just way too much for me in that room. 

  • I've decided to keep track of the fabric I'm sewing up just to see how much I have sewn from now until the end of the year. I will put in any purchases. I know this won't be a true picture as it will only give me an idea of what my output is. I need to know what my input is to get a true picture. Every piece purchased will be recorded starting in January. I start fresh each year.
  • Another decision I made is to photograph each project to put onto the monthly accountability list and find something to put it into so I can grab it to sew. That should include fabric, cording for piping, fabric, zippers, buttons, etc. 
  • The last decision I made yesterday was to put variety into my sewing. Fun, need to, and a bit of doll. The large fabric amounts will be sewn with less tiny amounts. 
I'm feeling good with this plan and may be able to sew up more fabric than before using a lot more of the stash. 

Knitting

My foray into the sewing room was to get yarn for another messy bun hat and yarn to knit doll sized mittens. The purple yarn is for the next messy bun.
The remaining yarns will stay upstairs and be knit into messy bun hats before the end of December. I have a couple of things to make that are on the to-knit list. 
One doll sized mitten was knit in less than 2 hours. A fun pattern that was easy to follow as it is well written.

Today

I have to make a pot of soup for dinner tonight, clean up a bit and head out to the barrel racing this afternoon for a couple of hours. I won't be sewing but I will be planning what to put projects into. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment