Saturday, January 06, 2024

Working On The Quilt

 Yesterday was cool and grey. The sun did shine late in the afternoon which was nice. The high got to -3.2C. This morning it is windy and -9C with a windchill of -17C. We are to have clouds, sun, flurries and a high of -7C.

Lifestyle

Daughter-in-law and I went to New Minas yesterday morning. We had a great visit both ways and got our shopping done. I really enjoyed our time out together. We got home at noon which was perfect. 

I was out in the afternoon again to get a few items from the scrapbooking store. I met the owner who I met years ago. We had a good visit while I shopped. I am happy to support her store as her prices are comparable to other places I buy at. She has an amazing stock to look at and buy. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room. I got the 2 mug rugs done to hand stitching the back flap closed. I am pleased with how they turned out. 

I am still trying to figure out how to package them for sale. I don't want to add too much as they will become too expensive to sell. Maybe a candy cane and a couple of pieces of chocolate. 

I also worked on the small cardinal quilt. I cut down the backing and one edge I cut off too much and had to sew it back on. You can hardly see the mistake at all thanks to the pattern on the backing. 

I did do the second seam and row 3 is done. I am quite liking it. I may do the quilting on the bottom red rectangles and the center squares. 

I worked on the snowman cross stitch and got it finished. I am so happy he is done. I can fuse him to the interfacing. 

I did buy some winter paper and bits and pieces from the scrapbooking store. I will be using it for the first signature of the Charlie Brown journal plus a few other projects. I also got a snowflake stencil and will be using it on the journal. I will buy the one I really want later on. 

I also got the last piece of fabric for the sheep quilt. It was a hard decision but I chose a plain fabric in a blue grey. I also got 2 pieces of Christmas fabric to line gift bags. The left over pieces will become wine gift bags to sell. 

Knitting

I picked up the socks, watched the video to do the heel flap and got half of the first one done. 

I love the padding on the underside which I do until I finish the gusset. 

Thoughts

    I am still on a high from visiting the doctor. The results have pushed me to walk with the proper stride. I did it the whole time we were shopping and I wasn't too tired when done. I know I need to push myself to get the results I want. 

    I had a good afternoon in the sewing room. I was busy the whole time which made the time go by quickly. I am finding that my mind is happy thinking all the time about the next project. One thing I want to do is doll sewing. I am thinking of joining Sewing With Cinnamon for 6 months to see if I like it. 

    I am learning how to fit in all the crafts I like to do. It seems hodge podge but it is working for me. I am keeping all the areas tidy which is keeping my creative juices flowing. I am hoping that this will keep me busy for the next couple of months. 

    I will be phoning Weight Watchers on Monday to find out about a sale and switching over to going to meetings. I want to become a life member. I know I need to get a doctor's letter as I will not get to the "ideal" weight suggested by WW. According to research, I still need to loose 10 lbs to be at the top of my ideal weight for my age. I will be talking about that with them. 

Today

I am home all day. I need to do laundry, clean up the spare bedroom, and do yoga. I want to sew the gift bag and cut out 10 reindeer bodies and eyes. I need to glue on the eyes and set them aside until I get the cardstock for the antlers. As it is cold, I won't be outside at all today but inside staying warm. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment