Friday, January 26, 2024

Keeping Busy At Home

 Yesterday was a morning of snow and rain and the afternoon was cloudy. We had 1/4" of precipitation and a high of 2.9C. This morning it is somewhat clear (can see the moon) and -6C. We are to have snow fall this afternoon and evening with a high of -2C. 

Lifestyle

Daughter-in-law arrived for tea and I was out to help her shovel the snow off the driveway. It didn't take us long to have the snow off so the rain could soften the ice underneath. It was rapidly turning to slush while we were out there. I was out mid morning to scrape the slush off the driveway and by 4 pm my driveway was 50% dry. 

I had a good visit with daughter-in-law and she left about an hour after she arrived. I had to have breakfast as I knew my glucose levels were dropping. It was another day of fighting with it. I may need to have a snack mid afternoon. I am pondering on that one. 

I had a fierce IBS attack at dinner time. It lasted almost 2 hours and I had to eat while having it. My glucose levels were low. It did subside but left me very tired. Tired enough I slept most of the night. I am fine today. I am not sure if it is stress/worry or food related or both. 

Elliott had another morning where he didn't sleep a lot. He did sleep all afternoon. He wasn't as cranky yesterday morning but he did wander and call me a lot. 

Sewing and Crafts

I started and ended my afternoon working on the never ending book. I got pages 2 and 3 completed. 

Page 2 was pressed and put under the books so it would lie flat. Page 3 wasn't so I will be doing it today. 

I just have page 4 to glue down and it is done. I will make a tuck for it to go into which will take only a few minutes to do. 

I decided to work on the gift bag. While the design embroidered on the front, I started to interface the remaining pieces, sew the topper to the back piece and measure out and interface the lining. By 4 pm it was done ready for the ribbon (which I don't have). 

I how have 2 pieces of lining large enough for wine bottle bags. They are on the list to make in February. 

I printed out the track suit once again and it is the pattern that is the problem. At least I can start working on it on Saturday. The piece that is missing a part has the cutting measurements on it. 

I also worked on the cross stitch. I got the cat done and am ready to work on the lace part. 

The lace will be done with 1 strand of white, 1 of pale grey, and the shiny thread. 

Knitting

I worked on the hat last night. I got 3 repeats (12 rows) of the pattern done. 

It is a cheerful colour and makes me happy. I do hope that I can make a second one with the other ball of yarn. 

Today

I need to do yoga this morning and then grocery shop. I also want to fold the laundry. This afternoon I plan on making the two mug rugs and finish the never ending book. I would like to work on the cross stitch picture and knit tonight. This is all dependent on how much snow falls this afternoon. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment