Wednesday, January 03, 2024

And The Sun Shone

 Yesterday started out cloudy and by noon the sun was shining brightly. The high got to 0.1C. This morning it is frosty and -3C. We are to sunshine and a high of 2C today. 

Lifestyle

I got yoga done in good time yesterday. I did all the exercises and pushed myself on a few. It felt good to hear a bit of cracking as my body aligned itself. 

I put the chicken carcass on early to cook and the house smelled so good. I got 3 good meals out of it. I had one last night and it was delicious. The other 2 are in the freezer for dinners on cold days. 

I cleaned the downstairs bathroom and it is done to washing the floor. It wasn't as dirty or dusty as I had thought it would be. I hauled the box with the Spousal Unit's favourite picture out of the room and dealt with it. I hung it on the wall where he wanted it to go. 

I may take it down and move the hanger up another 1.5". But, the job is done. The box was cut down and put into recycle for next week. The last moving box was emptied. 

I was out the door after that and got groceries and went to the store that sells scrap booking supplies. I wandered in there looking and pricing items. I talked to another lady who was in there buying and we had a good time. I didn't find the stencil I wanted but did pick up washi tape and some cut out items. I will go back to get a few other items over the next few months. 

I enjoyed the sunshine so much yesterday. The house was bright and enjoyable to be in. The clouds over my head lifted and I was in such a good mood all afternoon. It was just what I needed. 

Sewing

I spent quite a bit of time in the sewing room. I got 2 mug rug holders sewn with only one small disaster that I was able to fix. I just need to hand stitch the backs together and they can be bagged and put into the craft fair tub. 

These cost nothing as they are made from left over fabric and batting from other projects and the red thread was bought years ago. I love these kinds of projects. 

I also worked on Elliott's cardinal quilt. It really talked to me yesterday. I laid out the blocks onto the backing/batting squares and stitched in the ditch around the center blocks. I used a light grey thread which I will use for quilting. 

I now need to watch the video on how to join and hand sew the backing together. This is the tricky part for me as I have only done it once before. But I am eager to do get started on it. 

I got out the fabrics I used to make daughter's cat and dogs stockings out of. I have enough of the plain to make 2 gift bags with embroidery on them. I will have to look in the stash for lining. There is lots of the print for the top part of the bags and maybe a reverse bag or two. These go in the box to put gifts to daughter into. I may even make her a couple of mug rugs to have out for Christmas. 

Knitting

I finished the leg on the 2nd sock. I did a push to get it done as I want these socks completed by mid month. 

Thoughts

    The sunshine was just what I needed. We have had so many dull grey days that I am fighting a good case of SAD. I have my light charged up ready to use. It felt so good being happy with the sun shining. 

    I had a great time looking in the scrapbooking supply store. She has items that I will need to do crafts and junk journals. The stencil I wanted wasn't there so I may have to order it in. I looked and looked and looked and had a wonderful visit with the other customer and the sales lady. 

    I am enjoying my plan for this year and hope to continue using it. With everything neat and tidy, I want to do things rather than go out. That is a great frame of mind to be in. 

Today

I am at physio this morning and once home, I will apply heat to my joints and do counted cross stitch. This afternoon I want to cut out the gift bags ready to embroider and start sewing the first row of the quilt together. I will knit on the socks tonight. I may even work on the junk journal if I have time. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment