Thursday, January 11, 2024

Another Storm In The Books

 Yesterday's weather was something else. It snowed about an inch before it stopped for a bit and then it rained 1.25". It was dull, grey, and windy with a high of 8.5C. This morning it is 3C and clear. We are to have sun, clouds, and showers today with a high of 5C. 

Lifestyle

With the snow coming down quite quickly, I started a stew for dinner. I took a risk that the power would stay on and I had a delicious dinner last night. There was enough stew left to put 3 meals into the freezer. 

I didn't do yoga yesterday and chose to clean the kitchen. I did some extra cleaning and scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees. I still have a bit more to do. I need to line some of the drawers with a liner where the dishes don't move. I also want to wipe out a couple of top cupboards. What I did made the kitchen look so much nicer. 

I also folded laundry and got it put away. I am caught up in that department for now. I did a few other small jobs but it was hard to stay motivated with it being so dull and windy outside. It was nice when the wind died down and at 8:45 pm I got the recycling out for pick-up today. 

Sewing/Crafting

My big job yesterday was to build the trolley I had bought at Ikea. It was an interesting job but I got it done without problems. I then took all the stuff off the coffee table and put it into the cart. So much nicer to have a clean work surface and my stuff organized in the trolley. I was able to lay out the journal and make some decisions on what to do next. 

I did go into the sewing room and got the back of row 1 ready to hand sew the seams down. It wasn't the day to do hand sewing so I put it on hold. I had issues seeing the seams due to the dull weather. I was also hitting the end of my tether with the noise the wind was making. 

Knitting

I did knit on the socks last night. I think I did 6 rounds. 

This is the hardest part as there are so many stitches on one needle and I have to fight to knit the rows. I have about 5 more rounds to go and it will be easier to work with. Once I get to that point I will promptly forget about the hard part until I start on the next sock.

Thoughts

    The storm yesterday was another wild one. The wind was gusting up to 70 km/hr. The rain came down hard and you could see it blowing across the road both in the air and on the pavement. I did not venture out at all during the day. Not worth it. I knew my place was secure and I was safe. 

    I did a lot of wandering in the house yesterday. I couldn't settle down due to the storm. I wasn't really sore or depressed. I can be like this when the storms come in. I am glad I had a list of things to do so I could work on them. It helps me out. 

    I have made a decision on paper crafts -- buy only what I absolutely need. I have started to feel like I buy to have a stash and need to stop. I will start a list of items I need to work on and use up what I have on hand. I know I need 2 sheets of darker brown to finish the reindeer but will get that later in the month. Right now it is to focus on what I can make at the moment to use up what I have bought. 

    I am going to go back and watch the two junk journal videos (about 9 videos in each series) to get more ideas on what to do with the Charlie Brown journal. I need to refresh my mind and make some choices that are fairly easy and will use up the supplies I have on hand. 

Today

I have osteopathy late this morning so hope to do a few small jobs before I go. I have to go into Sackville to drop a parcel at the post office and get some lunch. Then it will be home where I hope to sew the back seams on the quilt. I want to knit tonight if I am not too tired from osteopathy. I know that the therapist will be working on the muscles on my inner thigh as they are still tight. It leave me quite tired afterwards.

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment