Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Out And About

Yesterday was warmer until you walked in the wind. The high got to -2.9C with a windchill of -8C. This morning it is clear and -5C. We are to have a sunny day with high winds and a high of -3C. A storm is coming in. 

Lifestyle

Daughter-in-law and I headed out to Dartmouth yesterday morning. There was very little snow between our area and there which was nice. Our first stop was at Home Depot to look for a counter top. She found a 6 foot maple one in expresso for less than laminate counter tops. She bought one and between us we got it into her car laughing. This isn't our first time putting big items into a smaller car. 

Our next stop was Ikea. We walked through the upstairs to get what we needed but we didn't browse the whole upstairs part. I got another trolley to hold my paper craft supplies. We enjoyed our time there though it wasn't a snoop shopping time. 

Our last stop was Costco. When we arrived it wasn't busy but by the time we were half done people were coming in fast. The check out line up was long but we got through quickly. We did shop a lot of the store as we were looking for good foods to have while we continue to loose weight. It was an enjoyable shopping time even if it did get busy. 

We had lunch in Bedford at Finbar's Irish Pub. It was a new place for us to dine at. After lots of thinking we ordered the seafood chowder. We were not disappointed. It was full of seafood and had more of a broth base rather than a cream one. It was perfectly seasoned and delicious. When we want seafood chowder, we will go to this eatery. 

Once home, I ran up to the grocery store to get lancets and glucose strips to pick up today. I talked to the pharmacist who lives across the street from me. I love to visit with her when I have a few minutes. 

Back at home, I sat down to have a glass of water and woke up at 4 pm. I must have been tireder than I thought I was. It seems I needed a nap more than putting stuff away the basement or sewing. 

Sewing

I played around with the Sewing For Cinnamon site and have realized that I can get the past videos through the blog. I am okay with that. The new videos come out today. I am going to take part in making a gymnastics warm up outfit for one of the dolls. 

Knitting

I knit last evening and got the heel turned on both socks. After a short rest I picked up the gusset stitches on both socks. Progress has been made. 

The goal is to finish them before the end of the month. 

Thoughts

    I need to rethink about how much I eat at meals. I usually have a small lunch and a bigger dinner. I need to reverse that and balance out the points some. It seems as if I loose weight if I have less for dinner. I am down this morning and have .9 lb left to loose before I have lost 60 lbs. The fluid I had gained plus more weight came off yesterday. 

    I bought 2 different soups yesterday. The French onion soup is 8 points which I can have for dinner with some rice crackers once a week. The chicken tortilla soup is 1 point per cup and a great choice for dinner also with crackers or toast. The prices on both weren't too bad either. I also bought oranges as I like them plus I need the extra vitamin C in the winter. 

    I watched The Talking Docs on YouTube last night. They are Canadian surgeons who do joint replacements. I focused on how to prevent having replacements and the criteria you need to meet to have one. Exactly what my doctor said. I am aiming to not have joint replacements for as long as possible. 

Today

Other than to get my prescriptions and a few groceries, I am home. The plan is to clean my bedroom and do a few small chores that need doing. Yoga is on the list also. I want to work on the quilt and do more knitting tonight. A busy day for me. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment