Monday, January 29, 2024

Track Suit Jacket Begun

 Yesterday was cloudy but not dull and dark. We had a few snow flurries in the afternoon but nothing to speak of. The high got to 0.4C. It did snow during the night and it is -2C this morning. We are to have more snow fall with a high of -2C. The wind is from the north and there is going to be windchill factors of up to -12 today. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga first thing yesterday morning. All my joints were stiff with the incoming storm but I worked through it by doing the stretches slowly and carefully. It did help a lot and the stiffness did leave for the most part. 

The balance sheet was done next and it balanced on the first try. Staying at home and using what I have has paid off. I'm ready to repeat the process next month though I will get myself a little something for working so hard on being good. 

The last job of the morning was to clean the kitchen. I wiped a lot of surfaces -- counters and doors which were getting a bit grimy. I even put liner in one of the drawers. I put items away, threw other items out, and it looks so much better than it did. The last job was to sweep the floor and mop it. 

I did fight a bit with my glucose levels but I didn't get upset with it. If it is going to be low, I will eat more carbs. I will have to watch my weight as carbs do put on the pounds. It is going to be a final balancing act.

Sewing and Crafting

I swept the sewing room floor and it was getting a bit of a fluff build up on it. I have been picking up threads that land on the floor but did miss some. At least the floor was clean prior to sewing. 

I cut out the track suit jacket except for the hood lining. I worked very carefully on getting the pockets on neatly using double sided tape. The pocket and jacket are cut as one piece and then you cut the jacket down the center after the pocket is put on. A great idea when working with tiny pieces. 

I got the cuffs on the sleeves and top stitched them in place. I inserted the sleeves. One sleeve I basted in prior to sewing and the other I pinned and sewed. Both worked with no issues. When I had the sleeves in, I stopped sewing for the day. I had been sewing for almost 3 hours. 


I also worked on the counted cross stitch picture twice yesterday. It is coming along and the lace is almost done. I have to do a bit of lace on the left side of the cat. 

Once the lace is done, I have the words to do and I will be finished this project. 

I looked at the journal and need to do two more pages on the first signature and then start on the second one. The second one is harder to figure out what I want to add to the pages I am inserting. I also need to figure out how I am going to insert them. I do have some ideas floating in my head which I need to do prototypes of. 

I watched a few videos on making tea holders but need to find one more item at the store before I make a decision on which one I will make. That will happen when I shop next week. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night. I needed a night off. I will start again tonight. 

Today

I have to shovel snow -- the front landing, sidewalk, and back deck. I may even start on the driveway. I have to do a bit of cooking so I have food to eat today. I do hope to sew this afternoon but that will only happen if I am not out shovelling. I do want to knit another hat so the yellow yarn is used up. This one will be smaller. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment