Thursday, January 18, 2024

It's Almost A Quilt

 Yesterday the temperature dropped most of the day. It was -3C most of the day. The wind blew in cold from the west and gave us a windchill factor of about -9C. This morning it is -6C and windy. It did snow a bit during the night. We are to have a mix of sun, clouds, wind, and flurries with a high of -4C. 

Lifestyle

Yoga was first on the list and I did an intense session again. My body rebelled but once it got over the session, I noticed that I have stretched the muscle out. Back to normal yoga until I need to do it again. 

I did 2 loads of laundry and put the fresh bedding back on the bed. I also cleaned the bathroom. It wasn't dirty but needed to be spiffed up. Next was the kitchen. I gave it a good clean and then put liner into 2 drawers. The contents won't move now that is done. I have one piece left to cut and put into another drawer. I still have a roll to use in other cupboards. I am slowly getting that job done. 

I was out late afternoon to put out the garbage. It was cold and I was bundled up. My friend stopped in on her way back from walking the dog. The dog asked to go into the house to warm up. We talked for about 5 minutes and she headed home to get warm. I finished up my job and went in to warm up. 

Sewing/Crafting

I looked at the journal yesterday but am undecided on what to use behind the characters. Wrapping paper or other light weight paper. I am still thinking. I am also thinking of cutting out a shape using the Cricut. 

I spent most of the afternoon working on the quilt. A row takes me over 2 hours to quilt. I got the row done. 

I have gotten into a rhythm of tying off the threads at the beginning and end as I do each row of quilting. When the block is done I bury the threads before I start the next square. 

Row 3 is next. I have to quilt the middle and bottom blocks before I sew it onto the rest of the quilt. I have a feeling I will be another 4 days before I can bind the quilt. Then it is on to my quilt after I sew a couple of other things. I will need a break to make a couple of less intense projects. 

Knitting

I knit on the sock last night and am have about 40 rounds done. 

It is going quicker now that I am just knitting and not worrying about decreasing. If I keep knitting away most nights I will have these done by the end of the month. 

Thoughts

    I have thought about doing Leslie Sansone's beginners walking video. I will have to give it a try. I use to do these when I taught school and we couldn't walk outside in the winter. They are great to do. 

    I have been limiting what I can watch on YouTube. I got myself into a tizzy watching so many junk journal videos that I couldn't decide on which way to go. I have decided to stick with one person - Miss Paintalot. I have been watching some cooking videos and a few others on camping, fixing up old places, and a few ideas on how to do pages that interest me and I know I will do right away. I enjoy watching videos on parts of England. I find I am relaxing more in the evenings. 

    I am going to start freezer meals tomorrow. I will be making soup and pulled pork. I am looking forward to having the soup while it is cold outside. The pulled pork will be a nice addition in the freezer. I will make more freezer meals next weekend using what the meat in the freezer and buying the produce I need. 

Today

I have massage therapy this morning and I would like to get groceries when I am done. Once home, I need to do a bit of cleaning if I am able to. I want to quilt and knit. If I have a bit of time, I would like to play with the journal. I have an idea brewing in my head and want to see if it will work. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment