Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Using Up What I Have

 Yesterday it snowed lightly for quite a bit of the day. The high got to -1.3C. This morning it is -3C which is warmer than it was at 3 am (-6C). We are to have wind, snow and rain with a high of 1C today. 

Lifestyle

I was out to physio early yesterday morning. I had to ride the bike for 5 minutes with a high resistance and then use the slider board for 5 minutes. I am going to be getting another piece of equipment next week. We are now working on stretching everything so I can have more mobility when moving outwards on my hip. It was push, relax, stretch with the therapist. It will come as has everything else we have worked on. 

When I got home, daughter-in-law had scraped the snow off the driveway. I so appreciated that. I did sweep the driveway to get the snow that had fallen off. The two times it was done had the driveway clean earlier than other driveways. I did enjoy sweeping the driveway as it gave me some fresh air and a bit of exercise. 

Once inside, I had a rest with heat on my hip. I rested while laundry was going and then got up to do a few little things that needed to be done. 

Sewing and Crafting

I worked on another page of the journal. This one took a bit longer as I had to trace, copy, and colour it. I had fun with it as it came to life. 

I dug out some cute cutouts to use on the page. 

I then decorated the inside of the doghouse after I had traced around it so I had boundaries. 

Everything is just temporarily tacked down. I need to trace around the house in black and then glue everything down. I may move one snowflake on the left side and add a Christmas tree to the outside. I have Snoopy lying down as he is tuckered out from decorating his house. This page was fun to make. 

I also worked on the cardinal quilt. I got the center section of row 2 quilted. It went a bit faster than row 1 as I have everything figured out. 

I am ready to sew row 1 and 2 together and quilt the area that joins them. 

Knitting

I finished the gusset on sock #2 and did row 1 of the foot on each sock. All is ready for me to knit another 54 rows before I do the toes.  

I will have to join another ball on so will be finishing one sock at a time now.

Thoughts

    The first thing I noticed when doing this blog post is that every project I am working on is using up what I have. Other than joining Sewing With Cinnamon, I haven't bought any supplies since Jan. 5. I hope that I can keep up the good work and if I do, I will allow myself to buy something at the end of the month. Using up what I have has become important to me.    

    I am working hard at getting my hip to be more flexible. I will have to do my exercises daily so I can work on strength and stretching. Having come so far, I need to continue on getting stronger and more flexible. My goal is to avoid surgery for as long as possible. 

    The broken lawn chair I put on the edge of the street was taken home by its owner yesterday morning. It is nice to have it gone though I would have put it into my recycle pile next week if it was still there. 

    I have been going through my food items and will have to do a small grocery shopping this week. I want to make a pot of soup so will get what I need for that. My goal is to use up what I have in the freezer and pantry before I stock up again. This shopping will be mainly for the soup and basics. 

    I lost 1.8 lbs this week which got rid of last week's gain and another .5 lbs. It is slower going now though I am loosing more inches than pounds. I will keep working on the last 1 lb which I hope to have off in the next 3 weeks. 

Today

I have to do yoga first and then finish cleaning the living room area. I want to glue down the two pages of the journal and sew the two rows together on the quilt. I hope to knit tonight. It is a day at home getting things done. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment