Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Two Projects Almost Finished

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day. The high got to 0.5C. This morning it is 2C. We are to have sun, clouds, wind, and some flurries today. The high is to get to 2C. Tonight is going to be cold. 

Lifestyle

I was out early for physio yesterday morning. I got to ride the bike and use the slider at higher resistance. Then I was introduced to a new piece of equipment that you push your legs out from bent knee to almost straight knee position. I did that one easily so will be getting weights added to it next time. Instead of working on joints, I had needling done in the muscles to send signals to the nerves to relax those muscles. It worked quite well. I had a lot less pain from tight muscles all day. I didn't do heat until evening. 

Once home, I rested a bit and then did some tidying up. The house is so clean that it is easy to keep up. I was done mid morning which was nice. I had a day to play downstairs. 

Sewing and Crafting

Before lunch, I made a plan of what I wanted to cut out to sew between quilts. I was down the stairs to get that job done before lunch. I grabbed the binding fabric and cut 4 strips for binding. I piled them up on the cutting table. 

Next I got out the fabrics for the next bag and mug rugs. I carefully cut out the main body of the bag as I had less of the lighter grey than I had thought. I then opened the print and carefully cut out the topper for the bag. I got out the lining fabric but didn't cut it. I do that after I sew the top to the main part of the bag. 

Next I used up the left over fabrics and cut out 2 mug rugs. I fussy cut the print. I have the batting left to cut out which will take a couple of minutes to do. 

The left over grey scraps are in the bin for the quilters guild and the print is back on the shelf with hopes of making another bag. We wait and see if there is enough fabric for that. 

Once the cutting out was done, I looked to see if I had a piece of stretch velour in the stash. Nothing at all. I found a pair of leggings that I will use to make a doll's track suit. I need to buy the pattern. It is part of the Sewing With Cinnamon's January project. 

Before having lunch, I made the binding for the quilt and was ready to attach it to the quilt. 

After lunch I sewed the binding on and sat down to hand sew it in place. I sat in the recliner with my legs up. That way I kept the muscles long from hip to ankle. I got almost 50% of the binding sewn down before it was time to make dinner. 

I did play around with the never-ending booklet. I am happy with what I did and am ready to glue all the pieces down. 

I went to watch my favourite video last night and it wasn't there. I then checked Facebook and the people were without power. They had a huge windstorm. They did get their power restored and we look forward to watching their video today. I did watch another video or 2 and am going to make an envelope to see if it is what I want for puzzle pieces. 

Knitting

I knit round after round last night and got the foot done. I am now ready to start on the toe. 

These should be done tonight. I am so excited that I can give them to grandson and start a hat or two before I set up the next socks on the list. 

Thoughts

    Though I hate needles, I am glad I had the procedure I had at physio yesterday. It didn't hurt at all and it has helped the nerves make my muscles relax. I will have the procedure done again so I can move forward on strengthening the muscles that are relaxed. I will continue on with massage and osteopathy as they are working well. I want to be strong to support the joints that have arthritis.

    With the house clean and tidy, I am able to spend a bit more time sewing and crafting. I am planning on making craft bazaar items two mornings a week if I keep up on the housework. 

    I am no longer monitoring for high glucose levels. I am now monitoring for low glucose levels. I have been using up all the carbs I eat and then more. Good for my A1C but it does leave me feeling off especially before meals. I am still loosing weight slowly which is fine. I want to loose a bit more before spring. 

Today

I am heading out to shop for warm clothes. I want to get a couple of things from Michaels, stop at another store and inquire about something, and head for home. I want to finish the binding on the quilt this afternoon and finish the socks tonight. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment