Monday, January 22, 2024

Quilting Is Complete

 Yesterday the high got to -1.6C but the NW wind made it feel like it was -5C or colder. It was a cloudy day but not dull or dark. This morning it is -9C. Today we are to have sun, clouds, and flurries with a high of 0C. 

Lifestyle

I did a lot of things in the morning. The first one was the balance sheet. I had 2 entries to make and there was a mistake. I figured it out and finished up by paying one bill. 

Next up was to sweep the bedroom floors and clean the cat litter area. That included washing that floor. I also folded laundry and tidied up the living room area. Once that was done, I did yoga. 

Yoga went well. I didn't push it hard but just to the point I could feel soreness and then held it. I knew I was stretching the muscles that had been massaged. I am trying to keep them stretched as best as I can. 

Grandson was over to shovel the driveway and when he finished it, we put salt on it. I did the upper part and he did the lower part. He then went and shovelled the deck. By mid afternoon, I had the only clean and dry driveway on the block thanks to my grandson. 

Sewing and Crafting

I was down to finish hand sewing the last seam on Elliott's quilt. I watched TV while doing that. Once done, I headed into the sewing room and quilted the one row. I emerged 2 hours and 1 stretching session later. 

Next up is to tack down the outer edge, trim it back and do the binding. The binding is the red so I need to change the thread on the machine before sewing it on. 

I did look at the journal but did not work on it. I was wanting to get the quilting done before I spend some time on it. 

Knitting

I knit about 20 rounds on the socks. I have about 20 rounds left before doing the toe. I am making great progress on it as I am enjoying knitting at night once again. 

Thoughts

    On this date in 2022, it was -22C which was a record low. The next record low was in late February of last year. I hope we don't have a real cold spell this year. 

    I did very well mentally yesterday. I did think of the Spousal Unit but the were happy memories. It is hard to believe he's been gone for 16 months. Though I miss him a lot, the pain isn't as bad as it was. I am doing well adjusting. 

    I thought, once again, what would I take with me if I have to sell and leave this house. It is amazing how little I would take. I know I would clear out the sewing room taking only enough to fill a plastic container, one sewing machine, a couple of dolls, and the Ikea furniture. I know this isn't going to happen for several years but I do think about it on occasion. 

    I am a bit bored at the moment. The house is clean, I'm caught up on all that needs to be done on my morning to-do list and I'm struggling to find jobs to do. I will keep cleaning even if it only takes me 20 minutes to do the jobs. I am doing more and doing it easily now. 

Today

I have physio early this morning and once home I will apply heat to my hip and knee for a while. I will sweep some floors so they remain clean. This afternoon I want to work on the small quilt. I may even cut out the next few items I want to make before starting on my quilt. I will knit tonight in hopes of finishing the foot on the sock. It is a day to stay inside and keep warm. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment