Friday, January 12, 2024

Another Storm Watch

 Yesterday was a mix of sun, clouds, and showers. The high got to 5.6C. This morning it is -1C and there could be a skiff of snow on some driveways when I looked out. We are to have a repeat of yesterday with a high of 1C. 

Lifestyle

When I looked out at my recycling, one bag had been blown part way down into the ditch. I was dreading having to retrieve it but was getting ready when the recycling truck came along early. The person throwing the bags in went down into the ditch and got it out. I was so grateful for him doing it. 

I did a few small chores before leaving for osteopathy. The drive was lovely with a mix of sun and clouds. I got there 10 minutes early and was in on time. I had a good workout -- ribcage down to my knee. I could feel it at times as the area would either hurt slightly or twinge. Everything was tight and we are not sure why. When the session was done, I was sore but not hobbling along. I was told that would be happening. 

I went into Sackville to the postoffice to send a parcel back as it wasn't mine but the previous owners. I bought lunch and drove home. Once home, I sat on the couch, finished lunch, and promptly fell asleep. I slept for over an hour and woke up less sore. I didn't do much for the rest of the afternoon as I kept heat on the sore areas. By evening, the soreness was almost gone. 

Sewing/Crafts

I was downstairs in the morning to play with the Charlie Brown Christmas journal. I got a tag made which was a lot of work. 

I used some stickers I bought in 2001 when I was doing photo albums. I put the tag beside the page I want it to go on and am now deciding on what to do. I am thinking a pocket with another tag. 

I did look at row 1 of the quilt while doing the cutting of the tag and was looking forward to doing the hand sewing. I am sad it didn't happen. 

Knitting

I did knit last night and am getting close to having the first sock's gusset done. It is easier to knit the heel part of the sock now there are less stitches on it. 

Thoughts

    I was surprised at how tight my muscles, etc. are. I am not sure why this is happening but I need to work on relaxing. I am working on my gait and it could be part of the reason I am so tight. 

    We are under another storm watch for tomorrow. Snow, rain, wind, and who knows what else. It seems like it should move through our area quickly. Sure hope so as we are going in to the city to watch grandson play a soccer game tomorrow. 

    I am slowly getting the house tidied up and cleaned. I have been tired lately due to the weather, tightness, and sleeping poorly. I love my house being clean and tidy so keep plugging away at it. 

Today

I need to do yoga this morning and then clean the dining area. I have to go and fill the car with gas also. I want to work on the quilt this afternoon, think more on the journal and knit tonight. It will be nice to be home doing things rather than out and about. 

Until the next time......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment