Tuesday, January 02, 2024

Playing With Crafts

 Yesterday was a dull cooler day. The high got to -2.5C. This morning it is -5C. We are to have sun, clouds, a chance of flurries and a high of 0C. 

Lifestyle

I got buns started yesterday and they turned out great for dinner. Light and airy with good texture and flavour. 

I wish my mood as was good as those buns. I was in a funk for some unknown reason and spent my time being negative to myself. I think part of it was the weather being so grey and depressing.

While the bun dough was rising, I did my yoga exercises. I did one big stretch and I got one big crack. My SI joint went back into place and I felt better. Less pain which was nice. 

Elliott and I were tired all day even though I slept well. I felt just like he did before I left for dinner at family's. 

Dinner at family's was delicious. We had roast chicken, stuffing, corn, potatoes, gravy, and buns. I have the carcass to make soup out of today. We had a good visit and I left early as we were all tired. 

Sewing/Crafting

I was in the sewing room for 90 minutes and finished cutting out the backing squares and all of the batting squares. I am now ready to begin Elliott's quilt. 

The scraps were set aside so I can take my time to cut them out ready to make bags and mug rugs. I am delighted that I have a use for the bigger scraps. I need to hunt up some batting for the mug rugs which means I need to look in a box of scraps we use for packing boxes. 

I also worked on a prototype of a booklet for the junk journal. It is too big but I did learn a lot. I followed this video. My book looks like this. 


The inside is not as nice as I had wanted it to be as the washi tape shows up. 

I learned lots and will be working on another one today which I hope fits in the book. I really worked at being creative using a paper doily and some wired ribbon that I took the wire out of. 

Knitting

I knit quite a bit last night and have 14 rows left before I start the heel flaps. 

I am pleased with how these are turning out even if they are a repeat of the last pair. 

Thoughts

    I was upset that I was in a foul mood to start of 2024. I worked my way through it and am feeling better today. I don't know exactly why they show up and why I spend a lot of time berating myself, but I do know how they started years ago. I am no longer working in that environment that started these feelings. I am feeling better today and will move forward. 

     I am ready to start tidying up and spot cleaning the upstairs again. It will be easier now I have the rooms the way I want them. I still have some items to put away from Christmas but they need to be laundered first. I am slowly getting out the winter items. 

    I have been watching videos about a person who has retreats for himself in the Northwest Territories. What has intrigued me is that he is from Newfoundland and he talks about food that he eats. It was fun to watch him eat soda crackers with Cheese Whiz on them. He talked about products that are made in Newfoundland by a company known as Purity. We can buy them here in Nova Scotia and I've seen them in stores in BC. Their little gingersnap cookies are to die for. It is fun to see him cook food that I have eaten over the years. 

Today

I am hoping to do laundry, clean the bathroom, do yoga, start the soup, and get out of the house to buy a few groceries. I would love to go to the scrapbooking store to snoop for a few things. I plan on getting Elliott's cardinal quilt started and mug rugs stitching out on the embroidery machine. I will knit tonight and do a bit of cross stitching. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment