Monday, January 15, 2024

Having Fun At Home

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds. The high of 7.9C was probably at 1 am as it was about 4C at 1 pm. It snowed during the night and we woke to whiteness. It is -3C. We are to have a cold north wind, sun, clouds, and a high of -1C. Windchills are to get as cold as -12C this morning. 

Lifestyle

Yoga was done first yesterday morning. I did it slowly so I could focus on the stretching. There was very little cracking so I am in alignment but I am sore in the groin area. I will keep at it to see if it will help or remain the same. 

I did the balance sheet next and was done in good time. I had to find one small mistake which took less than 5 minutes. No complaining on my part. 

I then went outside to take a broken lawn chair out of the backyard. I hauled it down to the road and left it there. Not my problem and if it is there on the next recycling day, I may haul it over to go. I am tired of dealing with people's stuff after a wind storm. 

Next up was to start cleaning the living room. I pulled both parts of the couch out and swept and washed under them. I did tidy up some and called it done for the day. I can finish it tomorrow. 

Sewing/Crafting

I found an envelope pattern for the Cricut. I sized it down and cut it out. It wasn't too bad though I may tweak it a bit later on. I found the page it can go on and played around. 

I had quite a bit of fun doing the envelope. I used a snowman from a package of hot chocolate for a closure. I was thrilled with how that turned out. 

I have only tacked the little pieces on the page to see if I like them. They come from a package of pieces I bought before Christmas. 

When you open the envelope flap, the envelope lays flat which is what I had wanted to do. When the envelope cut on the Cricut, I had 2 slits put in and I put a ribbon through them tying it into a bow. 

I used the other hand from the snowman as a pull tab to open the comic strip. I am happy with that as was pondering what to use. The snowman is completely used up with the scraps in the trash. 

When the fun was over but not glued in place, I headed into the sewing room to work on the quilt. I quilted and quilted, and quilted some more. Row 1 is done except for the bottom row which will be done after it is sewn to row 2. 

I had to fill the bobbin just before I finished for the day. All the threads are tied and buried which gave me a good feeling. I don't have to do that tedious job which I hate. 

Knitting

I knit on the socks last night and should finish the gusset tonight. As the number of stitches decreased, it was easier to knit and I got faster. I wasn't fighting the tightness of having so many stitches on the back of the sock. No pictures as it is the same old same old. 

Thoughts

    As I was doing the balance sheet, I found that I need to work on my goal of not buying a lot of stuff to do projects. It was reiterated when I was doing the Charlie Brown journal and sewing on the quilt. Use what I have and get only what I need. 

    I watched three videos on people who are decluttering their houses. Each person was so different in their approach. One was doing more of a reset after Christmas and cleaning only areas that were dirty. She had a few items to put into the donate box, some items into trash, and rearranged what was left. The second person had more to do. It was a declutter of all areas; put away items into the right spot, donate, trash, and clean. She had a good method and was very methodic in what she was doing. The third person shocked me. She was decluttering everything into the trash. There was no donate box at all. She kept exactly what they needed and nothing more. She was the harshest of all three in what they needed vs what they wanted. All three had one goal in mind; only have what they needed in their homes. What they needed was very different in each household. 

    Watching those videos left me realizing that I am also only wanting to keep what I need and use up what I have before I buy more. It is hard but I am working on it even the food I have in the freezer needs to be used up before I buy more. I keep reminding myself of this all the time. 

Today

I am out to physio early this morning and once home I will do a few things after I apply heat to my joints. I may have to shovel snow off the driveway. I want to finish up the page of the journal and start on the next one. I should try to quilt row 2 of the quilt and knit tonight. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment