Saturday, January 13, 2024

Progress Made

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with a high of -0.1C. This morning it is -6C. We are to have high winds, ice pellets, snow, and rain today with a high of 2C. We are under a wind warning today. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga first thing yesterday morning. I did the exercises slowly working on stretching the muscles in the sore areas. I think it helped so will continue to do that for a while. 

I cleaned quite a bit yesterday. The focus was the dining area. I tidied up and then started to clean. The floors had a lot of cat hair on it. I swept it up along with sweeping the hallway. Then I washed the floor on my hands and knees. A good workout for the hip. 

When done the dining area, I tidied up the kitchen which was easy. I also mopped the floor as I am trying to keep it tidy. I only have the living room and front entry way left to do and upstairs will be done. 

I was out in the afternoon to fuel up the car. I want it full just in case I need to go out in today's storm. There was a cold draft but the sun was nice to be in. 

Sewing/Crafting

I spent some time in the morning hand sewing the seams on the back of row 1. I was almost done when I stopped for lunch. After lunch I finished it. I decided to quilt vertical rows on the cardinal fabric. I worked slowly making sure I was fairly accurate at having a 1" space between the rows. 

I love the colour of thread I chose. It blends in with the light fabric but will be a contrast on the red fabric. 

I got 2 of the 3 print blocks completed before stopping. I tie off and bury the threads at each end of the rows. A lot of work but worth it. 

I played with an envelope pattern on Cricut and cut it out. The score lines weren't that good so I figure I didn't put the scoring stylus in properly. I hand scored the lines afterwards. 

The back is okay and I would use this if I had to. I am saving up to buy the envelope board so I can do a variety of sizes. 

The way I have it set up, I can size the envelope but it will remain as almost a square. The lady who did the design is a genius and I will thank her today. 

I finished up another page in the journal. I used stickers on this one and after a lot of thinking got it the way I wanted it. 

Not perfect but I am still learning. 

Knitting

I finished the gusset on the first sock. 

I started on the second sock and got a couple of rounds done. It is harder to do as I have to work with a lot of stitches on the heel/gusset part. It will get easier as time goes on. 

Thoughts

    I hadn't realized how much I was worrying about the storm coming in. I have decided not to go to the city today and hunker down at home. We are not to get the snow like forecasted but the winds will be blowing hard. I will be sad to miss grandson play his soccer game but I am not comfortable being out in this storm. I did it once in December and was a mental mess when I got home. 

    I am getting into a groove of doing both crafting and sewing most days. It feels good to move between the two. The area I work on the journal is tidier now that I have a lot of the items in the trolley. I still have a bit more work to do to have it tidier but I am happy with it at the moment. 

    I am fighting the winter doldrums. I want to nap every afternoon and have to make myself get up and do things. It is easier to do when the sun is shining. I am really in hibernation mode this winter. 

Today

Yoga is first on the list. Then I will clean the entry way as it needs to be done. After lunch I will work on the quilt and start planning the next journal page. I have the idea already. Tonight I will knit on the socks. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment