Monday, January 01, 2024

A Busy Day of Fun Projects

Yesterday was cloudy with the sun trying to peek through. The high got to 0.6C. This morning it is -4C. We are to have clouds, sunshine and a few flurries today. The high is to get to -3C. 

Lifestyle

I put yoga on hold yesterday morning as I was going to scrape the driveway. When I was ready to do that job, the driveway had nothing on it. I did yoga instead. I was sore from the weather system coming it (colder) but doing yoga does help. 

I got the laundry I did the other day folded and put away. I was going to do the bed linen but Elliott went to bed under the blankets and slept there for over 6 hours. He is never moved when he goes to bed as he becomes cranky and mean for the rest of the day. 

I have decided to set goals for this year in my daily journal where I make my to-do lists. I will be working on that over the next couple of days. I find that having the two together should keep me on track to being healthy, organized, and, hopefully, happy. 

Sewing/Crafting

In the morning, I spent a bit of time on the junk journal. I printed out the belly band and sheet music for one page. I coloured the belly band which I really enjoyed doing. 

I need to do a few more things to it but need to get a few more supplies. I have made a list of my ideas so I can finish up this page. 

I need to decide if I want to put red dot washi tape on the page to add some brightness. I also need to decide if I want to buy a snowflake stencil and do some stencilling or if I will use snowflake wrapping paper. I will make my final decisions after I buy a cutter and get the pages cut to the right size. 

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room. I wrangled the wide backing fabric on the ironing board and got it pressed. Then it went onto the floor to be folded and finally onto the cutting table to be cut. I cut the 9 squares for Elliott's cardinal quilt and 12 of the 24 squares for mine. 

I love this fabric as it has a rustic element and goes well with the front of the quilt. 

I have 2 strips of fabric left to cut into the remaining 12 squares. 

The scraps will be used to make mug rugs. I am hoping that I can make 4 of them. 

I bought the cardinal fabric before we moved to Nova Scotia and it needs to be used. 

A search in the stash found another piece of cardinal fabric bought at the same time plus the left over snowflake fabric I used in the cardinal quilts. They will be made into mug rugs also. I will also use the cardinal fabrics to make gift bags. It needs to be sewn up this year. Scraps of batting were found for the mug rugs and I am ready to cut and embroider them while I work on the quilts. 

A quick look at the quilting cottons has revealed that I have mainly Christmas fabrics and the fabrics daughter sent me to make piping. It looks like I will be busy sewing down those 2 piles. 

I also worked on the snowman and got quite a bit done. I am still not enjoying the silver thread but using 1 strand is much easier to deal with. 

I will be happy when this is done and in the junk journal. 

Knitting

I knit 12 rounds on the socks last night. I have 32 rounds left and then I can do the heel flaps. I am enjoying knitting these socks for grandson. 

Thoughts

    I have been thinking about my yearly goals. It has been hard coming up with them as I reach and exceeded my goals last year. I do have a few goals for January:

    *loose 1.4 lbs so I can say I lost 60 lbs in one year of weight loss. 

    *keep the upstairs tidied up and clean. It is easier to now that I have done the big jobs. I also want to keep the downstairs tidy by cleaning up every time I do a project. 

    *start walking at the arena a couple of times a week. I want to work on my gait as I need to improve it. 

    * enjoy sewing and doing crafts. Don't allow it to stress me out by setting unrealistic goals. 

    I have decided to continue not letting others influence me in what I should be doing or not doing. That is a long term goal. I need to work on what I want to do and how I will do it. 

Today

I am making buns for dinner tonight and will do yoga while the dough rises. I will finish cutting out the backing squares and start on the batting squares if I have time. I am out for dinner at family's tonight. I hope to knit when I get home. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment