Sunday, January 07, 2024

A Gift Bag Was Made

 Yesterday was cold for us. The sun did shine some and the high got to -7C. It dropped to -12C by 8 pm and is -9C this morning. We are to have snow today and tonight with a high of -4C.

Lifestyle

I did yoga yesterday and it was a good session with me doing a bit more than normal. I had some cracking going on which was good. I was sorer than normal yesterday due to the change in weather which is coming. 

I did do housework yesterday. The spare room got cleaned and mopped. It was very easy to do. It takes longer to clean up the kitty litter box area than it does to clean the room. Once that was done, I swept and mopped the hall floor. 

I had pain in my hip and knee last night due to the weather change. It is annoying when it happens. It also makes me retain fluid so my weight is up a bit this morning. I will be drinking lots of fluid to get it gone. 

I did go out for a bit to get something for dinner. I found Christmas morning blend of tea on sale for 55% off the regular price. I bought 2 boxes and have 36 tea bags to put into tea holders to sell. I may even drink some of it myself. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room making a gift bag. It was fun to get it done and use up part of one piece of the fabric I bought on Friday. I had to hunt for ribbon but found some that worked. 

I also hand sewed the opening on the back of the mug rugs. I now need to bag the mug rugs for sale and put the gift bag into the tub to use for Christmas gifts. 

I have a piece of the lining fabric left that is 16.25" long and about 7.5" wide. I am saving it to line a wine bottle gift bag which I can sell. I need to find fabrics to use for the outside of the bag. 

I did use up a piece of interfacing and have scraps left over from it. I can use some of them for the top part of gift bags but other pieces may have to go into the trash. I need to dig in the interfacing to see what I have left to use. The gift bag I made uses 52" or 1.3 meters of interfacing. 

I laid out row 2 of Elliott's cardinal quilt on the cutting table and it is ready for me to work on. I need to find a project to put on the embroidery machine so it can stitch out while I hand sew on the quilt. 

Knitting

I finished the heel flap on sock #1 and did 7 rows on sock #2. 

I love how the socks are growing and when I turn the heel I love how they become more 3-D. 

Thoughts

    I realized yesterday that my muscles are getting strong around my knee and hip. They are supporting the joints allowing me to do more. It is nice to know that it can help me be active and mobile. 

    The doctor made a comment that my weight is good for my age and being in the overweight BMI is fine. I did some research and found out that I can loose 10 lbs and be at the high end of my weight for a senior. The reason given is that you are less prone to disease when you are in that BMI range. I am now going to work towards loosing 10 lbs and be happy with what I have done. 

    

Today

I need to do yoga this morning and then the balance sheet. I want to clean the bathroom and do laundry. This afternoon I want to play with the Cricut and work on the journal. I hope to knit tonight but may be out shovelling snow with the outside lights on. It is to start snowing later this afternoon. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment