Sunday, January 14, 2024

Another Day, Another Storm

Yesterday started out grey and cool, then it snowed enough to make the ground white, and finally the wind howled in and brought 3/4 - 1" of rain. The high got to 9.2C which happened around midnight. This morning it is 3C. We are to have a bit of everything today with a high of 2C. Snow is called for tonight. 

Lifestyle

With a decision not to go to watch grandson, I decided to clean the entry part of the house. I did my yoga doing it. I was up and the down the stairs putting items away. I was on my hands and knees washing the two sets of stairs and the floor space. I stretched, bent, and did every move I could possibly think of while cleaning the space. 

It is clean with nothing lying on the stairs. I hope to keep it that way. It was the dirtiest of all areas as we enter and leave the house through the front door or the garage door. 

Once done the entry way, I laid down for an hour to have a rest. I was tired from sleeping poorly. It did help get me through the day though the tiredness was in the background all day. 

I did putter cleaning up the kitchen and then spent the rest of my time downstairs. 

Sewing and Crafting

I spent an hour in the morning working on the Charlie Brown journal. I got another page started. This one is another cartoon about skating. 

I saw the idea on Instagram and knew I had to make it. It took a bit of problem solving but I got it done. I love how it slides open and shut. 

I used a left over piece of ribbon from the first cartoon booklet I made and the stickers are old except for the big snowflake. I bought it not too long ago. Next decision is where to put it in the book. It has to be on a right hand side page so it opens off the book. I know I want to stencil the page with snowflakes before I glue it on. 

I did try the envelope on the Cricut and it came out the same as before style wise. I think it is me trying to get the design into design space correctly. I did finish up both envelopes and will put small cut outs in them. I did find some envelopes and a tutorial on Jennifer Maker so will be looking at that. 

I spent a while in the sewing room working on the quilt. I have almost finished the center row. A lot of work but it is looking great. 

The top row needs to be done next and then onto doing the center row only on the next part. I think I will be a few days quilting this one and then I have one that is bigger to do. I won't be bored doing them. 

I am cutting papers for the journal on the cutting table and need to remember to put the scraps into their tub. I didn't do it yesterday due to tiredness and need to do it today. 

Knitting

I did knit last night and every time I do a decrease row, it gets a tiny bit easier to knit. A few more decreases and there will be less fighting getting the stitches crammed together so I can knit easily. 

Thoughts

    The winds gusted up to 71 km/hour yesterday. It was noisy and annoying. I worried about not sleeping last night but I did. I woke up around 2 am to it being quiet. The worst of the storm was over with. 

    I am happy at how fast I can clean the house these days. Part is being more mobile and part is keeping it tidy on the days I don't clean. I have kept up on taking out recycling and not letting things get out of hand. It means I do some tidying each day but so worth it. I can even miss a day and am happy with how it looks. 

    I have to work harder at doing yoga every day I can. I have been slacking off a bit. I need to work on stretching those poor muscles that are tight. Part of the reason they are tight is I am protecting the hip joint, part is weather related, and part is working on walking with the proper gait. 

Today

Yoga is first and then the balance sheet. Once that is done, I will start cleaning the living room area. It may only be sweeping the floor and washing it in one area. I want to work on the journal, the quilt, and knit. I don't need to go out today so will be busy doing inside things. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment