Thursday, January 04, 2024

Sewing Down The Stash

 The sun took quite a while to come out yesterday. But it did shine for a few hours which was nice. The high got to 1C. This morning it is -1C. We are to have flurries today with a high of 0C. 

Lifestyle

I was to physio by 8:30 am and had a very intense session. First was to work on the SI area which had tightened up some. Then on to stretching my leg. When I rolled from one position to the other, the SI joint cracked into place. Job done LOL. After having those movements done, it was onto the bike to ride with a higher resistance than before. I was puffing after 5 minutes but it felt good. Then it was to another machine that helps stretch the ham string and glutes. When done I had the current therapy put on my knee, SI joint and hip. 

The therapist told me that I am walking much better and my gait is improving. She is amazed at how far I've come in 4 months. The focus is to keep the muscles and tendons stretched, build strength, level the hips, and prepare for when I need surgery. 

Once home I rested with heat on the hip and knee. I was feeling a bit tired from the session but didn't have much pain. I am happy about that. I use to come home and be in a lot of pain and totally exhausted. 

I got the garbage out to the road late in the afternoon. It wasn't a big job but had to be done. I use my wagon to haul it down which makes the job easier to do. One of my best buys in 2023.

I had a glucose low at dinner time. It was 4.3 and I was not focusing well. I had dinner and ate a few high grain crackers to help. I was exhausted from that and went to bed early last night. I barely made it to 8:30 pm. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room. I cut out a gift bag and 2 mug rugs using the left over dark grey fabric from the paw stockings. I also used up a strip of cowboy print fabric. The front of the bag was embroidered using this design I bought a couple of years ago. 


I used a metallic thread and didn't have any issues with it. The design stitched out without any thread jumps which was nice. It looks great with the top print. 

The mug rugs have the print in the center and the grey on the outside. I will use the same red thread on them. I also hand sewed the opening shut on the mug rugs I made on Tuesday. They are ready to be bagged and put into the craft tub. 

When the gift bag was done, I was able to start on the cardinal quilt. I carefully sewed the rows together. By the time I was ready to go upstairs all three rows were done. 

Now it is time to watch the video and relearn how to do the backing. There are 6 seams to do next which means I will be hand sewing a lot of seams for the next few days. The embroidery machine will be busy while I am doing that. 

I am almost finished the body of the snowman. Then it will be the arms and done. It has been a struggle using a metallic thread though I did do better yesterday. Don't know why but I was happy I wasn't fighting with it. 

Knitting

None done last night as I was too tired. I would have made a mistake with my luck. 

Thoughts

    The weather is going to be colder for the next few days and then we get a day of snow. I am not looking forward to that but will do what I need to do. I know I will be shovelling snow for sure. I keep reminding myself it is winter and we are coming into our snowy weather.

    I am happy to be back into my schedule again. It is nice to be sewing in the afternoons and enjoying the project I am making. It is also nice to know I can do housework in the morning on the days I don't have appointments. I do need to take a bit of time to make a stew for the freezer. My freezer meals are disappearing quickly. Once they are gone, I will restock them. I need to buy groceries for the meals and take a couple of days to make them. 

    I am trying to work out a balance of sewing and crafting. It is hard as I tend to want to sew. Once I get into crafting I enjoy it a lot. I just need to say it is a crafting afternoon. 

Today

I am out to see the doctor this morning to get the results of my blood work and to get referred to the surgeon for my knee and hip. If it isn't too bad outside, I may got to New Minas for a few things and then home to do crafts this afternoon. If not, I will come home, do some upstairs things and then do crafts this afternoon. I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment