Monday, January 08, 2024

Paper Craft Afternoon

 Yesterday was cold and grey. The high got to -3.5C. We were expecting snow in the afternoon but nary a flake fell. This morning it is windy and -4C (windchill -11C). We are to have sunshine and -3C. The wind is from the north giving us the "feeling colder" temperatures. 

Lifestyle

I did the balance sheet and paid the bills first yesterday. The last of the big bills were paid (yard maintenance for 2024). Everything balanced with absolutely no issues. First time in a long time that I had that happen. 

I did yoga and during the 2nd set of moves, I had a loud crack. My SI went back into place and the pain I was having in the joint was gone. I did a full slate of exercises which I really needed. My joints were sore with the weather systems coming in. I didn't take any meds as I could endure them. Heat was nice but didn't ease the pain. It was truly weather related. 

I did a total of 5 loads of laundry. The bed was changed and made just after lunch. The bathroom was cleaned and I washed the floor on my hands and knees for more exercise. It was sore but not unbearable. I notice I am more limber as I climbed in and out of the jet tub with no issues. I did all the dusting around and in the tub this time. 

I added my last A1C results into the app I use to track my glucose readings. It helps me see how I have done in the last 90 days. I still have lows which means I am not as glucose intolerant as I was before. 

My weight went up a bit and I am working on getting it back down plus loosing the weight I need to get a 60 lb loss. I am being more strict with what I eat but I need to move more (walking). I know I can do it so am pushing myself to do it. 

Sewing/Crafting

Yesterday was crafting in the family room. I cut out 10 reindeer heads and the eyes for them. I glued on the eyes, put the heads into a bag until I can get the card stock for the antlers. It felt good having that little job done. While the card stock was cutting I took time to clean one of the mats. It was dirty and had no stick left. It is ready to use once again. 

I also worked on the Charlie Brown Christmas journal. I cut some of the sketch book paper to the right size and had one that I cut wrong. No problems as it used it to play with the stencil. 

Stencilling was interesting. I had no idea of what I was doing so I made one good mess. I figured it out, cleaned the stencil and did the page. I added a little holder for the book at the bottom of the page, stuck on some stickers and called it done. 

Lots to learn but it was my first attempt. The new pad is very wet which makes it harder to use. 

I moved on to do another page. This one was not as hard to but it had its challenges. Maybe it is because I am challenged. 

I glued down the musical washi tape so it won't peel off. I cut down the music pages and folded them as the person who is receiving this is an accomplished pianist. 

I called it a day when I got the two pages done and the sewing room floor swept. 

Knitting

I worked on the socks last night and both of the heel flaps are now done. I did a lot of rows but am happy that they are done. 

Turning the heels will be a one evening job with time to spare. I may even be able to start picking up the gusset stitches. 

Thoughts

    I am having a level of frustration working on the journals. I have set it up on a coffee table and have a mess going. Too much stuff out and not enough organization in place. I need to rethink what I want this to look like. I may need another Ikea cart to hold the supplies that I am using rather than having them on the coffee table. 

    We didn't get any snow with this last weather system. It hung just at the edge of our area and then left. We are to have it warm up and rain on Wednesday. I am sure that will happen thought it will be messy after having it cold for so long. 

Today

We are going to Dartmouth this morning. Costco and Ikea are on the list. This afternoon I will go have to order glucose strips and get a couple of items. If I have time, I will try to get the back of row 2 on the quilt ready to hand sew. Tonight I will knit on the socks. 

Until the next time................................................. 

No comments:

Post a Comment