Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Hurrah! Two Projects Finished

 Yesterday was a mix of clouds and sunshine; more sunshine than expected. It was also windy. The high got to 1.9C. This morning it is clear and -12C. We are to have sunshine and a big of -5C. It is suppose to warm up during the night and snow. 

Lifestyle

I was out the door to New Minas early. I wanted to be home by noon which I did accomplish. My first chore was to buy a pair of sweat pants and top so I could keep warm. Mission accomplished. Next up I went and got a present for family. It will be revealed on son's birthday. 

I went into Value Village as I have donated to the store but have never been inside it. Though there were a lot of clothes, a lot of the dishes were picked over. Areas were bare. I was looking for something that jumped out at me and I didn't find it. I did buy 5 children's books for under $8.00. 

My last stop was at Michaels. I was looking for a corner punch but they didn't have it. I got embroidery floss, some snowflakes/trees for the journal and other projects, and a sheet of card stock. I spent under 15.00 there. In actual fact I spent just under $21.00 total in the two stores. 

I fought low glucose readings all day. It had me feeling tired though not confused. I need to look at my diet and decide what I have to change to get normal readings. I am more active and am using up my food more efficiently now. 

Here is a picture of Elliott as he was thinking about pouncing to bite me. He did try but got disciplined for his behaviour. 

Sewing

My first job of the morning was to see how much interfacing I had. Lots more than I had thought. Enough for several more gift bags. No need to buy anymore at this time. 

I started another cross stitch picture yesterday. I said I wouldn't use shiny thread but I did. This one is nicer to use. I did about 30 minutes and am ready to start on the cat. 

I bought the darker red for the hat and I used a strand of white, pale grey, and a very fine sparkly thread for the fur. The cat is suppose to be black but I am going to do dark grey. I enjoyed what I got done and will work on it at noon until it is done. 

I finished hand sewing down the binding on the quilt. It took me quite a long time to do. I realized I had over half the binding not done. 

I am thrilled with the finished quilt and will admire it for a day or two before I put it away. 

I will be working on small projects for the next few days and then will start on my cardinal quilt. I will be ready to man handle a larger quilt by then. At the moment, my shoulders need a rest. 

Knitting

I finished the socks last night. 

I am happy with them and know they will be warm on grandson's feet. Tonight I will set up the hat to knit. 

Thoughts

    The tight muscles in my groin area have relaxed since having the needling procedure. I am having to work on my gait, once again, as I am more relaxed while walking. I get tired easily as I am constantly correcting myself. Progress is being made which is good. Now to strengthen those muscles more. 

    I am finding that I am enjoying myself at home as I have a wide variety of things to do. When I go out, I find that I am able to get only what I need and not go into stores just to snoop shop and buy what I don't need. This is part of controlling what comes into the house so I don't have a lot of extra items to look after. I think back to how I did shop and it wasn't the best for the lifestyle I want to live. I find that having projects ready to cut out helps me keep focused on using up the stash. 

    I have decided that if I meet my goal of using what I have in January I can get a few items from the scrapbooking shop. I have set a limit and it can't be paper items. It can be double sided tape and tools. I would like to have the major work on the first signature done before the end of the month. 

    February will be another month of using what I have. I will allow myself to buy something special at the end of the month if I meet this goal. It means another month of staying home most of the time but I don't mind. I have lots to do around here. 

Today

I need to do yoga first. Then it will be sweep and mop floors, take out garbage, and do some laundry. I want to do a bit of cross stitch at noon, work downstairs this afternoon, and knit tonight. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment