Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Warm And Humid

 Yesterday was warm and muggy. There were a couple of showers, the one in the afternoon being about 15-20 minutes in length. The high got to 21.3C with a humidex of 28C. This morning it is foggy and 16C. We are to have showers today with a high of 20C and a humidex of 26-27C. Tonight it is going to be warm and wet. 

Lifestyle

My goal yesterday was to do the bedrooms. I actually did more but started in the bedrooms. In my room, I dusted, vacuumed and washed the floors. I dusted the top of the doors and windows and they were really dusty. They hadn't been done for quite a while. In the guest room, I made the bed, dusted everything, vacuumed and washed the floors. Above the doors and window wasn't nearly as dusty as my room. 

From there, I vacuumed the rest of the upstairs, the stairs and the front entry. Garbage was taken out and I called it a day. I was tired and sore due to the weather system. But I was also happy to have done so much more than planned. 

With the high humidity, I was wilting so I put on the dehumidifier to remove humidity in the house and lower the temperature. It felt good having the house cool enough to recover from feeling like a limp piece of lettuce. 

I did get one Christmas present wrapped and out in the mail using the last Free Shipping Tuesday label for it. Walking to and from the car at the post office was a chore as you felt like you were walking in a sauna. Everyone was walking slow. I did linger in the garage when I got home as it was cool in there. Didn't do anything but cool down. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as I had no energy. I did think about the pantaloons though and hope to get them started today. I was in the sewing room to pick up long strips of backing fabric to shove in the parcel so the empty spaces had some padding in them. 

I did do a bit of planning on the placemats for daughter and will be getting more of the stripe to do toppers for daughter-in-law's tea towels. Other than that, my brain wouldn't think. 

Knitting

I got 8 rounds on the second sock done. I had to put it down as it was just too humid to knit. 

Today

The goal today is to clean the bathroom and kitchen. Both don't need a lot done as I've done some to them already. I will be running either the a/c or dehumidifier up and downstairs so I can sew and knit. I really want to function better today. Tonight and tomorrow are going to be brutal with the humidity and warm temperatures. 

Until the next time......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment