Thursday, October 06, 2022

A Busy Day

Yesterday was another lovely sunny day with a high of 17.9C. This morning it is 13C and we are under a special weather statement. We are to have some heavy rain fall with the possibility of thunderstorms embedded in the storms. The high is to get to 18C. 

Lifestyle

It was a busy day yesterday. The morning started with a call from the insurance company as the car and house insurance are due at the end of November. The Spousal Unit's name has to be removed from both which left me feeling sad. With the car insurance, it means less cost and when I buy CAA it becomes even less. I should have done that a few years ago as the Spousal Unit didn't drive in Nova Scotia. 

I headed out after breakfast to New Minas and bought garlic to plant next week. I also got a few Honey Crisp apples. I then went and returned books at the used book store. I looked around for books but found nothing I wanted and the ones I wanted weren't there. On the way home, I made a quick stop and bought tea towels for Christmas presents. 

After lunch, I went into town and posted the parcel to daughter and popped into the insurance company. Once home, I grabbed the green bin and headed out to the garden. I pulled the beans (they had lots of rust on them) and the peppers. I then got recycling and the green bin to the curb side for garbage pick up today. 

After a short rest, I made dinner with enough for tonight and 2 freezer meals. I was tired when I finally sat down. 

My knee and hip were sore yesterday due to the storm coming in. I kept stretching my knee as it does help. I walked a fair amount and it wasn't as sore as before. I need to continue walking and exercising so I built strength in my knee and hips. It is coming along slowly. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday but I did buy a couple of embroidery files. 

I fell in love with this mug rug pattern on Embroidery Library. I now have to find the faux leather and make a bunch of them. 

I will make a few for daughter and then figure out how to do something for the house. I may buy brown cotton and do a small table runner as I love this so much. 

Horseshoe Doodles is for tea towels for daughter. It is so her. I will find some nice tea towels for her and do three doodles in a row on them.

I am wanting to do more embroidery this winter. I do have a few ideas floating in my head that will go with the doll clothes I am wanting to make. 

I did do some research on the under clothing I want to make. I thought I needed linen but cotton is fine. I will be looking for some expensive cotton in a solid white to make them out of. It is here that I want to do some embroidery. I will also be practicing other techniques, especially eyelets on the sewing machine. 

Knitting

I did knit last night. The shawl got around 3 rows done on it. It is getting large but it isn't large enough yet. I also knit on the sweater and I will be finished the body soon. I do love the pattern. It is much easier to knit now that I don't have to count for the sleeve increases. 

Today

I am out for Grandparent's Day at our grandson's school. I am being our neighbour's youngest boy's grandmother for the day. When I get home, I'm not sure what I will do though I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment