Monday, October 10, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving


 Yesterday was cool and sunny. The high got to 13.3C. This morning it is 1.5C and it looks wet outside. Not sure if it is dew or if there was frost. Today it is suppose to be sunny and 14C.

Lifestyle

As it was our day to have our Thanksgiving dinner, I spent the morning downstairs sewing. I hemmed grandson's pants and put the snaps on the Soutache dress. Those jobs are done and off the to-do list. 

After lunch, I went over to family's and spent some quality time with daughter-in-law while son and grandson were in the city at soccer practice. It was a delightful afternoon of smelling the prime rib cooking slowly in the oven, doing the vegetables, and watching a new show on TV. 

Our friend came for dinner as she was also alone. We talked up a storm with her and had some great laughs. Later in the evening our friends came in for pumpkin pie. In all, we did well for our first holiday without the Spousal Unit. We did talk about him some remembering some of the lovely memories we have. 

I got home after 9 pm and slept fairly well last night. Elliott was upset I was gone for so long and after he let me know, he slept with me all night. I'll be home all day for him today. He was all over my clothes as he could smell the cat that is staying at family's. Little Boy spent some time cuddling me on the couch which is unusual for him. I enjoyed him cuddling for about half an hour. 

Today

I am going to clean more of the living room, do a load of laundry, make soup, and clean up more of the garden. I have to plant garlic next week. I hope to knit tonight as I need to have this sweater done this coming week. It will be a somewhat busy day. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment