Monday, October 24, 2022

A Day Without Sewing

 Yesterday was more overcast than expected but the high got to 19C. This morning, it is 10C and cloudy. We are to have rain and a high of 15C. 

Lifestyle

I felt marginally better yesterday as I've been reacting to the flu shot. My knee and back were sore but I could push through and do things slowly.

My main job was to clean the living room and dining room. The living room got dusted, swept, tidied up, and the floor washed. I unfolded the blankets and put them on the chairs as it is suppose to be fall. Elliott thought I was a nut case but he'll sleep on them in the winter.

The dining room got the table cleaned up and washed. It was coated with a layer of dust from the work going on in the field across the road from us. I swept the hall floor and washed both the dining room and hall floors. I still need to dust but that is easy to do. 

Laundry was done and some folded. The bed was made and I was tired but not done. I donned my gardening gloves and planted garlic cloves. 38 of them to be exact. I covered them with burlap like the Spousal Unit did, weighed them down with bricks and was happy that job was done. I checked on the rose bush but it is still blooming so can't wrap it in burlap yet. I brought down the snow shovel and hung it in the garage. I called it a day and rested with heat on my knee and back. 

Sewing

As I was packing the box to ship out today, I went down to grab some narrow pieces of batting to fill up the box. The fabric I wanted to use for table toppers is too narrow. The decision now is whether to buy a half meter or not. I'm thinking on it. I do like the fabric a lot.

I didn't spend much time in the sewing room but I did think about the placemats I have to make. First I am going to make pantaloons for the Isla Girl's outfit. That will take me part of an afternoon. Then it will be starching the placemat fabric ready to cut them out. 

Knitting

I finished the heel on the 2nd sock and am ready to pick up the gusset stitches. 

I am happy that I will be back using the striped yarn and loving the green stripes that will be showing up on the foot. 

Here is how Elliott knits. It isn't as bad as he usually does it so I didn't have to wind the yarn into a ball. 

Thoughts

    I am disappointed that there isn't enough fabric on hand for the family room. Decision time and a visit to the quilt shop. I'm hoping there is some left on the bolt. 

    I'm trying to figure out a good cleaning schedule for me for upstairs. I want to be able to clean 3-4 days and have the remaining days free. If I push myself, I can clean the upstairs in 3 days and the family room will take 1 day once it is properly cleaned and decorated. The sewing room will be done in the afternoons in Dec./Jan. and I will have to clean it up after every sewing day. 

    The garage and shed will push me to my limits both physically and mentally. But, if I spend an hour or two at a time at it, I think I can get it done. I did look at the next small part I want to clean and I can move most of the items out of the way, clean it and put them back. I'm sure there are some things that can go to the trash and others that need to be stacked for son to look at. 

Today

I have to take grandson to school and then I'm heading into the city to do a bit of shopping and mail the parcel. I'd like to be home shortly after lunch so I can do a few things in the house. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment