Thursday, October 27, 2022

A Lot Of This And A Little Of That

Yesterday wasn't nearly as humid as Tuesday. In fact there was no humidex reading at all. The high got to 19.7C and we had a fair number of showers during the day and evening (1/2"). This morning it is cloudy and 19.9C. It is suppose to be about this temperature all day but we are not to have any showers. 

Lifestyle

I finished cleaning the upstairs. It is nice to have it clean and presentable. But it was a lot of hard work due to the fact that my hip and knee hurt up until this morning. The weather seems to be the reason it hurt so much. Now to keep it clean by a) not being messy and b) tidying up after myself. 

Once the house was tidy and the garbage out to the curb, I sat on the couch and dozed. It wasn't easy as I was really hurting. But, I needed the time out to try and recuperate from the pain and hard work. 

I looked at the news and saw that grandson can get his covid booster. I let family know. This is something we do so we can keep up to date as we don't want covid. 

Sewing

I sewed in the afternoon. I decided to be stupid and not pay attention to waist and legs and the first pair ended up in the trash.

The second pair went much better as I learned from my mistake. They fit well and I'm pleased with them. 

Historically, the people of the era and area went barefoot. If they wore shoes, they were similar to the Plain Jane shoes. I am going to make a pair of them in the skirt fabric for this outfit. 

I looked at the sewing room in disgust, put away the lace and elastic bins and walked out. 

Knitting

As I looked at pictures of the shawl, I saw they could have ties on them so they tied at the back. I grabbed the shawl and crocheted two strings for it. 

It is perfect as it holds the shawl in place. 


I was asked by Little Woolens to test another sweater for her. Of course I said yes and now need to get the yarn and needles out and start. With both the gussets done on the socks, her timing was perfect.

Thoughts

     Having the upstairs cleaned as made me feel happy. Next is to get it painted so I can do some decorating. It is also making me think that having the house clean and tidy is helping me feel more relaxed.

    My goal is to get the basement (except the sewing room) cleaned up in November. I have to tackle the storage room which means several trips to a thrift shop. Once that room is done, I'll have the bathroom to do and then it will under the stairs. I'll putter in the garage when I can. 

    I will be sewing in the mess for another month. In December I plan on taking the room apart and

    Clean the walls and trim

    Wash the floor

    Declutter and purge the stashes

    Finalize the sewing/knitting plans for 2023

I have started to think about what I want to make next year. I will be sewing up the stash as I want it gone. But, I won't be whizzing through 100 meters in a year. Those days are gone as I want to focus more on each project rather than racing through the fabric or yarn. 

Today

The goal today is to do more cleaning in the family room. I need to hang pictures and then start on the next part -- the TV area. I'm looking forward to getting this room cleaned. I want to start on the placemats and knit tonight.

Until the next time........................................ 

No comments:

Post a Comment