Friday, October 28, 2022

A Lot Was Accomplished

 Yesterday was another warm day with a high of 20C. There was one small shower and it was mostly cloudy with sun. This morning it is 5C and we are to have sunshine and a high of 11C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday it was head down to the family room to clean morning. I hung 6 pictures with a lot of swearing as I didn't have a clue what I was doing on the pony wall. I have 2 holes to fill and touch up when the upstairs is painted. 

The area shown was easy to finish up. I added an afghan my mother crocheted many years ago as a lot of the colours go with the pictures. The pictures were levelled on the wall above the table. 

The long pony wall was a bit more of a problem. Once the pictures were up and levelled, it still looked empty. I hunted out some antique kitchen items and put them on the ledge, something I said I wouldn't do. But it needed something and they all can be wiped with a damp cloth. 

I should make some squares of fabric to go under the items to add some texture to the ledge. That ledge runs the length of the family room and seems to stretch on for miles when nothing is on it. 

Once that was done, I tackled the last window in that room. Easy I thought as it was cleaned in the spring. Not so. This window gets a lot of rain on it so moss was growing on the screen. There was a fair amount of mud to clean out from the screen track. I scrubbed and scrubbed and finally got it cleaned to my satisfaction. At that point I stopped for the day as it was past noon and I was tired and sore. I was also frustrated as I need to find 1 more plastic ring so I can repair the last blind. I found 4 rings had broken off due to sun damage. I did close all the blinds so the sun stays off the pictures. 

My knee and hip are still bothering me so I'm going back to do the exercises I was given on week 1. I need to stretch everything well as it has tightened up this week due to me not being as active. The flare up I had most of the week has set me back some. 

Sewing

I decided I should sew the shoes for the Isla Girl outfit. I spent a lot of time making sure the uppers were put onto the insoles correctly and evenly. Two hours later I was done and happy with them. They need the soles glued on today. 

I'm getting better with each pair I make. I have found that not rushing and thinking about each step makes for nicer shoes. 

I did get the placemat fabric out ready to press today. I have to starch it before I start cutting. 

Knitting

I started the sweater pattern and the first 11 rows were easy. The 12th row almost did me in. It took 3 attempts to get it correct. Row 14 would not work so it was unknit and fix the mistake. In the end, I found my mistake which was a stupid one. I now have 15 rows done. 

The yarn colour is Baby Denim Marle. It is blue and white yarn twisted together and perfect for this sweater. 

Thoughts

    I figure I have 2 more days before the family room will be finished. It will be nice to have this room done and looking the way both the Spousal Unit and I would want it. Once done, I will add some toppers and pillows to the furniture to give it some colour. The goal is to have it easy to keep clean and minimal in look. 

    I have started to think about the Christmas decoration I want for the dining room table. I need to get a couple of things to make something similar to this idea. 

I may have to get a few items from the dollar store for it and use some items I have in the Christmas tubs. I have a cute little tree that has battery operated lights in it to sit beside the bowl. I will hunt for the bowl when I'm shopping. 

Today

I am out for physio this morning and will get some groceries on my way home. I would like to finish cleaning the ledge area in the family room if I can. Then it's sewing this afternoon and knitting tonight. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment