Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Venturing Out

Yesterday was cloudy though it brightened up some in the afternoon. The high got to 18.5C. The rain they were calling for was minimal - a few small short lived showers. This morning it is 15C and we are to have a high of 22C. We could have sunshine, showers and clouds. A mixed bag on a very warm day. 

Lifestyle

I took grandson to school and we talked about what he is doing one day on the weekend. Halloween activities with his friends. 

Once home, I got ready and headed into Bedford. I haven't been to the city since Sept. 4. I went into one store to get a couple of things for myself and a few things for Christmas gifts. One item they didn't have which surprised me. Then it was on to another store to get groceries. When done with those 2 stores I was really tired and very sore. But I had two more stores to go to before I could head home. 

The next stop was in Lower Sackville (on the way home). I got the one item I couldn't get at the other store and dropped daughter's parcel off at the post office and got some supplies there. I headed home after that. My knees, back and shoulders were aching leaving me feeling almost exhausted.

Once home, I put away as much as I could and sat down on the couch. I had lunch and fell asleep. When I woke up I felt much improved as the reaction to the flu shot was done. Even the injection site wasn't very sore. I rested, applied heat to my back and knee and spent time recovering from 3 days of being sore and achy. I did have supper and even cleaned up the kitchen. I practiced my stride as I couldn't while feeling so sore. When I tried, it would be so painful. I went back to smaller strides even when shopping. I also made sure I was standing erect and not bent over with the pain. Late yesterday afternoon I was back to striding like I was. I was happy. 

I didn't sleep as well as I had hoped last night due to the nap plus it being warm in the house. The temperature went up with this "heat wave" coming in. I'll struggle along today and try not to nap.

Sewing

I didn't sew but did think a bit about interior decorating. I found this picture which I love the cushions. Thinking winter pillows upstairs but we wait and see. 

I like the softness of the colours in the pillows and they do remind me of Christmas and winter. I'd like them in blue but that remains to be seen. If I do the red/grey idea, I can remove them from the pillow forms and tuck them away in a tub for another year. 

Knitting

As it was somewhat brighter after I woke up, I picked up the stitches for the sock gussets. Having the brightness really helped seeing the stitches. One sock has the gusset knit and ready for the foot. I have three rows knit on the second sock. 

I'm happy with the progress I made once I started to feel human again. And the lime green stripes are making me feel happy. 

While shopping for groceries, I went looking for page protectors but found none. I did find the crochet cotton I wanted to make a parasol. On the website, this store is selling the ball for about $16.00 and it was in the store for $4.97. I need to see if I have a 1.75 mm crochet hook as it is my next project. 

Thoughts

    I was a bit concerned about shopping in the city but did okay. It was my first venture alone for quite a while. I'm going to do another shopping area next week so I can get a few more things. Maybe my neighbour will come with me for a day out.

    I have to start getting ready for Halloween. I need to get the decorations out and a plan put together. I'm not sure what we are doing but it needs to be safe for all of us.

    I have to get my head wrapped around Christmas. I have decided to be minimal - no Christmas tree as I will spend Christmas with family. I have a couple of displays to put out which were the Spousal Unit's and my favourites. I need a small display for the table. I have a tiny Christmas tree for it but nothing else is popping into my head. 

Today

The goal is to vacuum floors and start dusting and washing the floors in the bedrooms. I will plod along as I want these rooms tidied up some more. I want to start sewing a pair of pantaloons for the Isla Girl outfit and I'm knitting tonight. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment