Friday, October 21, 2022

A Long And Busy Day

Yesterday was a sunny day with a bit of wind. The high got to 14.6C. A quick look at the rain gauge and we had 2" of rain fall the day before. This morning it is 6C and we are to have a mix of sun and clouds and 17C. 

Lifestyle

Carol, there is no harm or extra work in making suggestions. My fear is someone would take the sawhorses and use them for fire pit wood (that is what happens up here) and throw the parts that hold the wood in place away. The plywood either our neighbour or son will use in a project. We are going to sort and list items for sale or put them into a yard sale in the spring. It is going to be a lot of work no matter what we do. The Spousal Unit has a lot of things all of which he used. 

I spent another day off and on in the family room. I finished cleaning the walls down to where I wanted to stop this area. I found dirt that the cleaners didn't clean up. I washed the last window and dealt with mud rather than dirt due to the rain hitting the window. And I washed the floor. The area is clean. With the table pulled from the wall to wash the floor I hung three pictures. I wanted them above the table. And I spent a long time reading and calculating and praying. It worked like a charm.

I have to find my tiny level and make sure they are level. I chose these three as they reminded me of Ashcroft Ranch. The milk can I cross stitched while living on the ranch. The middle picture is a copy of one from the 1860's and the right one is the pivot we looked at from our living room window. I put the table cloth on the table and candles to finish the look. I was going to buy a grey cloth but I'm not sure now. I may press the table cloth and use it for the base when I take pictures. I do need to add something colourful to the table though. 

The pictures are grouped for the other side of the room and I'm ready to measure the wall, do the calculations and hang them. There are no pictures of the area as a whole as I left all the cleaning supplies on the ledge. I was tired when I finished cleaning the window as I did it last.

When done this area, I know the Spousal Unit would approve. It has our pictures displayed which was important to him. It has that western look that we both love. And I know I will enjoy being in the room once it is done. I won't get back to it for a few days. I need to do some cleaning upstairs first. 

I took out the recycling yesterday and my knee was hardly sore walking down the driveway. It was really sore walking down a slope prior to physio and is getting easier as time goes on. I tested it again bringing in the green bin and the same; little to no pain. I have noticed I am getting stronger and am able to do more at one time. The only time I have to stop is if I bend over for a period of time. It makes my back sore. I'm hoping that will get better as time goes on. 

Sewing

While the floors were drying and furniture moved around, I sewed. I got the piping sewn onto the loops and then shaped them. Once shaped, I pinned them onto the bags. By the time I was ready to hang the pictures, the bags were ready for me to start the linings.

After lunch, I worked on son-in-laws bag. I added a pocket to it that closes with velcro. Once it was on, I shaped the lining, cut off 1/4" from the top, and sewed the bag together. After bagging it, I pinned the top so I could press and top stitch. My break from the bag consisted of washing the window. The bag is ready for the button and have the opening in the lining hand sewn together. 

And the huge pocket inside the bag.

The next bag won't take as long as there is no interior pocket. The last one is to have a pocket in it so will take longer. 

Knitting

I got the socks ready to start the heel flap. It took a while as my hands started to cramp and I had to apply heat and sit on them. Once the cramps left, I could knit until they cramped again. It happened twice. My hands were tired from all the work I had done during the day. 

Today

I have physio this morning and the flu shot in the afternoon. I am going to get groceries after the flu shot. I know that I will be tired so I'm going to buy something for my dinner. I hope to sew on the second bag today and get it ready to do the hand sewing. I may be able to knit on the heel flaps tonight. It depends on how tired I am from the flu shot. I'd like to have bag #2 done today.

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment