Monday, October 17, 2022

Vegetables Are In the Freezer

 Yesterday was a wetter day. They say we had about an inch of rain and the high got to 19.7C. This morning it is foggy and 7C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 20C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning, I did a few things upstairs and then headed down to the sewing room. In the afternoon, I headed out to family's with the leeks and carrots to freeze. 

Daughter-in-law and I spent the afternoon scrubbing and cutting carrots and leeks. Once they were blanched and cooled they were bagged and ready for the freezer. I kept 9 small bags of carrots for myself and they got 6-7 bags for their freezer. There were 2 bags of leeks and we had what would have been the third bag for leek and potato soup for dinner last night. It was delicious. 

My back, butt, and legs ached after the marathon afternoon spree. I had heat on it all night. Most of the pain was caused by leaning over the sink (deep industrial type sink) scrubbing veggies. I am still sore this morning. 

I didn't practice a lot of striding yesterday. I have arthritis is my knee and it affected my gait. I was hobbling along and had been for months. As a result muscles, etc. had tightened up on my right side (bad knee). The exercises I get are both extending and strengthening the muscles, etc. The striding and lifting my knees is to work using the muscles and being able to walk correctly and for longer lengths of time without pain. I want to be able to walk without a lot of pain. 

I put Elliott on a diet. It's not like he's suffering from the lack of food but he needs to loose a couple of pounds. I've been over feeding him and not thinking about it. I am trying to follow suit and loose weight also. 

Sewing

I spent a bit of time in the sewing room. It was time to cut the 3 bags out starting with the print fabric. I cut out the first one, then laid the ruler out to look at the 2nd and 3rd ones. I was happy and cut them out. Next was the interfacing and when I went to attach the interfacing the print fabric was too long. I quickly fixed that and got all three of them done. 



I was tired when I got done that as I had stood and stooped to cut. Sitting for an hour helped it a lot. I'm now ready to cut out and interface the black fabric and sew it on. Then it's measure time for the gold on the top part of the bag. I am making progress. 

Knitting

I got the shawl on Julie who is wearing the Isla Girl outfit. It fits well and I'm happy with the end result. 


I love how the centre looks with a make 1 right increase, knit 1, make 1 left increase. 

As I was home early I knit 20 rounds on the socks. I am quite happy that they are looking balanced thought that can go out the window with the yarn I am using. 

As long as they are close, I will be happy. The lime green in the yarn also makes me happy. I'm hoping by the weekend that I will be starting the heel flaps. 

Today

I have a zoom meeting with the Alzheimer's support group this morning. This afternoon I would like to get the black bases on all 3 bags and knit. tonight. I also need to pack a box to ship to daughter. I almost have enough to fill it. I will hunt around and put in some items the Spousal Unit wanted them to have. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment