Saturday, October 01, 2022

Computer Woes

Yesterday was sunny with a high of 17.4C. This morning it is clear and 5C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 18C.

Lifestyle

Thursday was a busy day for me. I got my hair cut and then was out with daughter-in-law to take care of car insurance and the Spousal Unit's driver's licence and then do some shopping. 

Yesterday was the day of frustrations. I spilled a cup of coffee on the table and my lap top quit working. I was near tears as I cleaned up the mess. I know the lap top was on its last legs -- it was 8 years old but I wanted it to last another year. 

I went out to physio and had an hour's session. It hurt but I do feel better this morning. I need to start walking a bit more daily as my gait is getting better. 

After physio I went to look at a new lap top and bought one. I brought it home with me to set up. I was feeling frustrated as I haven't done this for years. I plodded along and got it done. My next worry was hoping we could retrieve the data from the old lap top. At 5 pm I looked at the new lap top and all my data is on it. I shed a few tears of happiness. I don't know if the old laptop and the new one talked and did it or if it came via iCloud. Who cares, it's all there. I need a couple cords so I can use my tetra drive, charge my phone, and mouse. This morning I logged into my main websites. I just have a couple more to do and I'm done for now. 

I was mentally and physically exhausted mid afternoon and I just sat and did nothing. My sleep habits have been horrid. I'm awake for 2 hours plus every night. Last night I took the hot water bottle to bed, was up briefly to the bathroom and slept until 6 a.m. I am feeling much better today. I may have been cold before so I will be taking the hot water bottle to bed each night now. 

Sewing

Nothing done as I was tired and not in the mood. 

Knitting

I did knit off and on in the afternoon and evening. The shawl is coming along nicely but I have a long ways to go. 

Knitting the previous one taught me a few things like the increase stitch on either side of the centre stitch. The yarn is a bit heavier than the silk and looks more rustic. I will continue until the ball of yarn is gone. 

Today

I'm home today and doing laundry, budget, and sewing the binding on the quilt. I need to do my exercises and take a bit of a walk down the driveway and around the yard. My gait is much better and I now need to start strengthening my legs so I can walk a lot more. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment