Thursday, October 20, 2022

Decisions In The Family Room

 Yesterday was a grey day with heavy rains during the day. The high got to 20.9C and it was muggy. At 9 pm, it was raining heavily and still 18C. There was a good inch of rain fall. This morning it is 9C and it isn't raining. We are the blue circle and the green is the storm. There was actually more yellow showing last night indicating the heavy rains we were having. 

Lifestyle

The saw horses and the plywood are for son or our neighbour. I won't be touching them until a decision is made as to who gets them. I had promised the Spousal Unit a long time ago that the three of us would go through his things when he passed away and make decisions. Putting them on the side of the road at son's would work but up here, we get none of the people who look for those items. 

I worked in the family room. I dusted walls, wiped down baseboard and scrubbed 2 of the 3 windows in the area I chose to clean up. The windows were a big job but the rest of the room was kept clean by the cleaners. 

I put the leaves under on the table and pushed it against the wall. It will be used for photographing items as I have a white science board that I use for that. I'm trying to make it into its own area as the family room is weird in design. The previous owners used this area as an office. 

I am going to hang a bunch of the pictures and put some away in a box. They are for daughter to have. At the moment, I need to get the last window scrubbed and start down the long wall. Once I get to a certain point, I will wash that part of the floor and tidy it up. As the walls are grey, I am going to add colour to this room. I would love blues and yellow but am still thinking on it. All I know is the ledge will have no items on it. I want it minimal so I can clean it easily.

My knee and back did really well going up and down the little ladder I use. I was up and down it a lot and had very little pain. I am calling this a success and am getting stronger. 

I did call two companies and had the Spousal Unit's name removed from the bills. It was hard to do but I got it done. I think I have one more to do and I think I'm done. Wait and see - another one will pop up in my face. 

Sewing

I had a long afternoon in the sewing room. I cut the handles for the bags and then went on to make the piping. I thought I had lots but will have about 6" left over. I then started sewing piping to the handles. Making the piping is relaxing. Sewing it onto the handles went well as I use the zipper foot that comes with the Juki.

I did a pair of handles at a time and pinned them onto the bag before starting the next pair. This way I knew I had the correct pair on each bag. 

I was happy to have them all done by 4 pm. 

Knitting

I now have 75 rounds knit on the legs of the socks. Almost ready to start the heels. I am happy about that. 

Today

I'm out the door in a minute to take grandson to school. I would like to work in the family room, sew, and knit. 

Until the next time....................................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:27 AM

    It was so thoughtful of you to address my suggestion of putting things out…I wasn’t trying to make more work for you, so sorry if that was more for you, rather try a suggestion that might not have occurred to you with the long list of items on your to-do list. Glad to hear your knee is doing so much better-great work!

    ReplyDelete