Wednesday, October 05, 2022

Progress in Sewing and Knitting

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with a high of 18.3C. This morning it is cloudy and 8C. There is suppose to be showers late this afternoon with a high of 16C. 

Lifestyle

I spent yesterday morning vacuuming and mopping the upstairs floors. It was a big job as my knees were aching with the storm coming in. But it is now done for a week and I can focus on dusting and wiping rooms down. 

I took the blankets off the plants and they got some frost damage. I did pick the peppers. The beans have rust on them from the moisture. The peas fared better so I left them alone to see if they will grow a bit more. I may take the green bin and pulled most of the plants on Friday. 

My knee is improving. I did a lot of exercises with it yesterday stretching it. I also walked a lot on it. It was tired last night as were my hips and other knee (thanks storms coming in). There is still some pain in the knee but I've got more flex in it now. It will take some time to build up the strength and I will need to find out what to do for that. 

Sewing

I had a successful day in the sewing room. The bodice pattern was cut out and I spent some time sewing it together. When I got one sleeve in, I stopped for the day.

I am very happy with how it looks at this stage. While cutting out the bodice, I noticed that I will be able to get cut out a pair of shoes to match the dress. I am beyond thrilled with that. I will lay them out when I cut out the lining pieces (front and back bodice only). I also need to look in the ribbon stash and see if there is any bright pink ribbon to make back ties for this dress. I won't be disappointed if there isn't as this was just a thought. 

One of the people on a doll forum talked about The Doll's Dressmaker and I bought this book second hand. 

I will be looking in the used books store to see if I can find another copy to gift a friend. And, of course, I will be looking at it to see if I want to make anything from it. 

Knitting

The test pattern is coming along. I found a few more mistakes and they were easy to fix. I finished row 27 and it looks like a sweater. The lighting was horrid last night as I didn't turn on the lights like I normally do. A case of laziness. 

The back looks better but still a lot of shadows. . 


I also knit on the shawl until my hands got tired and sore. I was pleased with how much more I can knit now than I could a couple of weeks ago. 

Today

I am going to go take books to the used books shop, get some garlic for planting and apples to eat if the Honey Crisp are ready. Once home, I hope to put the second sleeve in the dress and knit some more. I want to make spaghetti for dinner and the freezer. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment