Sunday, October 23, 2022

The Breeder's Bags Are Completed

 Yesterday was another lovely sunny day. The high got to 18.4C. This morning it is 4C and we are to have another sunny day with a high of 17C. 

Lifestyle

It was a day in the sewing room. But, I did look at the news and it's kind of scary. More variants are emerging with Covid and now flu season is coming. I'm glad I have had my shots but I am still concerned. It will be the heavier masks, hand sanitizer, and social distancing again this winter. This way of life continues for me.

I cleaned up my cleaning stuff in the family room and it looks much nicer. I looked at it thinking what I wanted to add to it. I grabbed the left over backing from daughter's quilt and laid it on the table and it works perfectly. Table toppers will be made. Color will be added somehow. 

I had to call the internet provider yesterday afternoon. I had no internet and even after I rebooted the system it still didn't work. The person helped me for 30 minutes and we finally had to do a factory reboot which worked. One of the apps was giving me an issues during that time but it did come back on. It was slow to pick up the internet when it finally worked. 

When I finally relaxed last night, I realized that I had sat too long and my knee and back was stiff and achy. I need to remember to move more when I decide to sew for hours on end. 

Sewing

I spent a lot of time in the sewing room. The pocket for the last bag took me 60 minutes to make and put on the lining. Yes, I added a band of print fabric to it to jazz it up. 

I sewed up the lining, attached it to the bag, turned it, pressed, and topped stitched it all before lunch. 

After lunch, I took my hand sewing and sat in the family room to watch TV. I made the button and hand sewed the lining shut on each bag. 

I forgot how long it takes to finish each bag but I'm pleased with the custom look they have when done. I carefully folded them and put them into bags that I labeled as to who gets which one. 

Ikea's zip bags are perfect and very cost effective. It was when I was done that I had to call the internet provider so I did get to watch TV while sewing. 

The bags are in the box and ready for shipping. Hurrah. I'm not sewing for a couple of days as I need to limber up my leg and back. And I'm only going to sew a couple of hours a day for a while. 

Knitting

As I sat and applied heat to my knee and back, I decided to knit. I took breaks and hobbled around the house to try and limber up. I got the heel flap knit and turned the heel. It wasn't a lot of knitting which was perfect. 

The flap is knit down to the bottom marker and then it's the turning of the heel. Very hard to see when you use black yarn. I will be picking up the gusset stitches on a bright day so I can see all the stitches. And I will be doing a lot of counting to make sure I've done it right. 

Thoughts

    The family room is looking good and I'm excited to start on the next part. I'm glad that I can use up left over fabric to make table toppers. If I have to buy a half meter to finish up, I will do that. I'm also thinking of making Hudson Bay pillow covers like the one I found at Under the Redwood Tree. I can use up the pillow forms that are stored in the sewing room closet. 

This way I can do both western and Hudson Bay blanket theme in this room. Win-win as I've wanted to add Hudson Bay blanket ideas to the house for a long time.

    The sewing room will get a bit of a makeover this winter. I need to make a decision on the colours I want in that room. It won't be western but more traditional in its look. I need to get blinds on the windows and then change out the lime green containers that hold yarn. I keep thinking turquoise blue. I could keep the lime green/white striped blanket and pillow on the chair and add another colour like burgandy to the mix. We wait and see on that as it is in the beginning stages. It needs to be cleaned and organized first. 

    Upstairs needs to be thought out also. I am looking at blues upstairs as I need it to be calm and relaxing. But there is a lot to do up there before I can really think about colour choices. 

Today

The goal is to clean upstairs -- vacuum, wash floors and dust. It needs to be done. I may go into the sewing room to do some planning but no sewing. Or I may go and plant the garlic. Knitting tonight. 

Until the next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment