Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Progress

 Yesterday was lovely and sunny with a high of 13C. It was nice to have it a bit warmer. This morning it is 3C and clear. There is frost on the roofs. We are to have mainly sunny weather with a high of 18-19C.

Lifestyle

My first job of the morning was to shop for groceries and that I did. I got 2 Pyrex 16 oz ramekins for making 2 containers of chicken pie that will be topped with phyllo pastry. I found the One Dish Kitchen site about a week ago and am going to try her recipes starting with her chicken pie. I bought Pyrex so I can bake them in the oven though other containers I have are oven proof also. I need to divide up some of the meat into smaller packages for cooking for one. 

Once I got the groceries put away, I headed out to the garden and cultivated the 8 boxes and put fertilizer on them. It was a  job that needed to be done and I hope I did it correctly. I have to smooth one box to plant garlic in next week. We have rain on the horizon so I wanted to take advantage of it. 

I had lunch and dozed for an hour. I was tired not only from being on the go with a sore back and knee but from mental stress of knowing I am bringing closure at the bank today. I wasn't wallowing in a pity party but just needed to bring calm to my brain and body. I'm learning how to accept these spells and listen to my body. 

Sewing

I did go down to the sewing room after I rested. I looked for buttons for the sweater and found none. I have to go through my buttons and bag up the ones I don't have enough of and see if I can either get more at Fabricville or give them to the little girl I sew for so she can use them for crafts. 

I cut out the shoes to match the Soutache dress. I got them sewn, trimmed to size and they are ready to be attached to the insoles. I have to cut out the insole lining and glue them on. Progress was made. 

Once done, I had to leave the house as I needed a change of scenery. I headed out to the quilt store. I got the buttons for the sweater plus fabric for my kitchen.

The browns are the same shade as the tile on the floor. The blue will be my shade of blue for the open part of the house. I'm quite in love with it and may have to get more fabric. Especially the blue plaid for a cover for my Kitchen Aid mixer. 

I found this fabric for placemats and potholders for daughter for Christmas. 









They will be simple reversible placemats as I want to use the plank fabric to the fullest. 

The Addy outfit is finished and Lemon Bay Doll Co outdid herself once again. She is such an amazing seamstress of doll clothes. 


Knitting

The buttons are on the sweater and I do love the ones I chose. I would never have chosen gold ones but the quilt shop had no grey ones. 


I did knit some on the shawl last night and it is getting large. I need to try it on the doll. 

Today

The goal today is to vacuum and wash floors and do laundry in the morning and then I'm out to the bank after lunch. I may or may not sew this afternoon depending on how mentally exhausted I am. If I have the energy, I will cut out the fabric and glue them to the insoles. I will knit on the shawl tonight. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment