Saturday, October 22, 2022

Jabs Done For 2022

 Yesterday was another lovely fall day. The sun shone and you could feel the crispness in the air. The high got to 15.9C. This morning it is 6C and we are to have more sunshine and a high of 17C. 

Lifestyle

I was out the door to physio yesterday where I did 8 minutes on the bike set at 5. I could feel it but the goal is to ride 8 minutes rather than 5. Once done that, I went to a new piece of equipment. I hold onto a bar and push it out as I walk forwards then backwards. I did a lot of that before I did the thrusts on each leg. I was pooped when I got that done as I was pulling 20kg of weight when moving forward. The goal is to strength not only the knee but my torso and arms. 

Son was waiting for a visit when I arrived home. We talked about the garage clean up as he has surgery on his shoulder Nov. 10. He wants the saw horses and plywood for a table while we sort through the Spousal Unit's items. 

After lunch I was on the dead run. I headed out and stopped at the lawyers to get an envelope from her, then to the bank to do some banking and talk to the financial advisor, down to the doctor's to get the flu shot, out to the quilt shop to get a spool of thread, and back to get groceries. I was done in by the time I got home.

The doctor opened up the flu shot clinic early. I was there early and walked in, talked to one of the receptionists who marked me as arrived, then on to the second receptionist who had me follow the doctor's daughter to the hall where we go into his wife's dentist office and stop to wait for the jab. There was one person ahead of me. The doctor and I spoke for a few minutes before the next person arrived. It was quick and easy as the doctor has a great system in place. No more needles for 6 months when I get the next booster shot against covid. 

After I put the groceries away, I sat down on the couch and realized the flu shot was making me tired. I gave in to it and rested until I ate dinner and then fell asleep on the couch for an hour after I ate. I went to bed on time and slept really well all night. 

The house was cool this morning (17C) and I turned on the heat pump. The warm air blows over one chair and Elliott is up on it sleeping in the warmth. This is his morning routine when the heat is on. 

Sewing

After son went home, I headed down to the sewing room and got the 2nd bag done ready to the button and the back seam hand sewn shut. I was really focused as I need these done and gone. 

I took a quick look at the sewing room and cringed. It is a total mess. I am embarrassed with how it looks. I'm not touching it right now as I have so many other things to do but I will be cleaning it to within an inch of its life in December/January. I am taking it back to minimal and well organized. 

The fabric I bought this month is being sewn. I bought 8.5 meters of fabric and have sewn 3 meters of it when the bags are done. The placemats will take 2.5 meters which will leave 3 meters to sew up before Christmas. Not too bad considering I thought I had overdone it on buying fabric. 

Knitting

Elliott helped with my knitting yesterday. He got one of the balls of yarn and scruffed it up some. 

I didn't knit last night which was okay. I may have made a mistake as I was so tired I couldn't think. Even after a nap, I still couldn't think properly to knit. 

Today

The goal is to finish up the bags ready to ship them out. Once they are done, I will do what ever I need to do including heading out to take them to the post office and get some items I need including one or two Christmas gifts. It depends on what happens this morning. If I stay at home, I will do some cleaning upstairs. It is a flexible day for me. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment